Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Restoring A T bucket that sat 10 + years

only pulls to the left when the breaks are applied , and if you stop slowly its not a problem but in a panic stop not good and i don't like that
should have it back on the road by the end of this week i will get back to everyone thanks Guy

Installed new Corvair steering box not happy, turns very hard and the front wheels are still off the ground i back off on the adjustments didn't make any difference, seems to have more play then the old one just my luck

Years ago I took it for granted that there was oil in a customers 6 speed HD tranny. Well, guess what, I had to buy a 2600 dollar transmission because I failed to check it.

I have purchased a couple steering boxes in the past few years and neither came with oil in them. Better check!
not sure i can get the side cover off so near the block but i did try calling the place this morning ,waiting for them to open should have my car back on the road today its just so dam hot out , my salt water pool is 84 right now was a few weeks ago at 92 never seen it this high
this makes for a bad storm season if we get any the gulf is same temp as my pool

For a Corvair box, I assume you take off the cover to check for lube, what kind of lube does it take? And how much? Just fill-her-up? :)
corvair box.jpg

I don’t have a Corvair box, but I have read to use grease or cv joint lube in them as 90 weight will leak out... again, best check.

Reactions: Guy
For a Corvair box, I assume you take off the cover to check for lube, what kind of lube does it take? And how much? Just fill-her-up?

A good grade of chassis grease should work, and yes - just fill the box with the grease.

Has anyone else on here pick up a Corvair box did it have lube? took her for a ride forgot to turn on the fuel pump now i have a skip like low speed jet plugged , I am not sure what thing i did to fix the breaks but they seem to be perfect now
The new box is steering very hard steering and way too much play more then the old one had for sure

Some good points brought up here . . . .

Spirit uses the Vega box, but I guess I should ask Josh if the one on my kit comes filled, and with what, or if I need to order some lube and fill it . . . . or at least check it to be sure one way or the other . . .

I had to get a new Vega box from Spirit and it came lubed. I did check it before installing and after my learning with the HD trans, I always check anything that requires oil or grease.

Reactions: Guy

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back