Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Starting on the rebuild.

Axle

Dang. This thing looks too good to drill holes into!:confused: This and the rest of the parts to complete my frontend came today. I've got a guy who's gonna recheck my frame. I may have an issue, but I hope not. Fingers crossed.

axle.jpg

Trust me, it will look even better drilled.

Re: Axle

tfeverfred said:
Dang. This thing looks too good to drill holes into!:confused: This and the rest of the parts to complete my frontend came today. I've got a guy who's gonna recheck my frame. I may have an issue, but I hope not. Fingers crossed.

axle.jpg

Fred,

Is that a Super Bell axle? And if so, why did you choose it over the Magnum?

David

RexRod said:
Fred,

Is that a Super Bell axle? And if so, why did you choose it over the Magnum?

David

Yes, it's a Super Bell. Honestly, I told the tech guy at Speedway what I was building and what I wanted and this is what showed up. I knew it would be a Bell or Magnum and they are both quality axles, but Bells have a great reputation.

Here's the part number: 7022852. In the description it doesn't say that it's a Super Bell, but when you check the application chart, it is. All the other part numbers are probably Magnums.

axlechart.gif

A Magnum is probably just as good.

Thanks Fred! I know Magnum has been on the seen for a short time compared to Super Bell. I haven't heard much good or bad about Magnum. But then, with the exception of this group, I'm hardly plugged in. Without this place, I wouldn't know anything!

You are right about Super Bell and their very long reputation of quality. Super Bell has been making axles for so long (early 70's?), rumors have it some of their earliest axles are starting to sell for and command the higher prices like the early Mor-Drop's.

Thanks again for the info. Take care,

David

another sorce for a dropped beam axle is chassis engineering. the bell, imo, is the best for a t bucket. the "S"'s are a lil more trim thatn the magnum

Ron

Are we back to GO FRED GO mode again?

It's about time.

This is going to be fun to watch.

AGAIN.

Hey fred, where did them neeto brakes come from? are they 9" or 11"?
Mike in ep

tfeverfred said:
I've got a guy who's gonna recheck my frame. I may have an issue, but I hope not. Fingers crossed.

I thought I read you were having mikey build you a new frame ? What happened with that ?
Good to see you moving forward on the rebuild.

LKE said:
I thought I read you were having mikey build you a new frame ? What happened with that ?
Good to see you moving forward on the rebuild.

That arrangement didn't work out.

As it turns out, my frame had two cracks I didn't see, so I ordered a new on today. Should be here the middle of next week.

Front end mockup

The last thing I needed to mock up my front end came today. A bitchin' set of bat wings from RPM (Ron). I did some grinding on the welds and set everything up for fit. Perfect! My thanks to The Speedway Tech who made some suggestions in my set up.

frontendmockup1001.jpg

frontendmockup1002.jpg

RexRod said:
That is so awesome looking! That IBeam axle really looks good.

David

Dude, it's way better than I thought it would be. This front end, combined with steelies and moon caps is gonna rock!:)

tfeverfred said:
Dude, it's way better than I thought it would be. This front end, combined with steelies and moon caps is gonna rock!:welcome:

Hey Fred, do you have your steelies yet? If not, let me know, I may be able to line you up with a set.

engine24355 said:
Hey Fred, do you have your steelies yet? If not, let me know, I may be able to line you up with a set.

No, I don't yet. The size I was going with was 15X5. The back spacing can't be more than 2". Please let me know what you may be able to get.

RPM said:
Fred, who did you order a frame from? Just wondering, since you had a Total frame.

I went back to Total. I figured it would make it easier to swap everything over and while I shouldn't be, I'm on a schedule to get the car done. The guy who's letting me use his garage is busy and needs the space I'm taking up, so not wanting to ruin a great relationship, I'm trying to at least get to roller stage ASAP.

tfeverfred said:
No, I don't yet. The size I was going with was 15X5. The back spacing can't be more than 2". Please let me know what you may be able to get.

Fred -

The wheels I referred to are actually the ones on my bucket currently. I have been thinking of changing up and this would be a great opportunity to help you out (assuming you can use). I cannot remember the size right off hand so I will have to get back to you on that. In the meantime, take a look at the posted pics below to see if these are close to what you are looking for.

http://www.tbucketeers.com/forum/f28/pics-my-bucket-finally-2621/

Thanks!

engine24355 said:
Fred -

The wheels I referred to are actually the ones on my bucket currently. I have been thinking of changing up and this would be a great opportunity to help you out (assuming you can use). I cannot remember the size right off hand so I will have to get back to you on that. In the meantime, take a look at the posted pics below to see if these are close to what you are looking for.

http://www.tbucketeers.com/forum/f28/pics-my-bucket-finally-2621/

Thanks!

Those are very close to what I was looking at getting. Again, my main concern would be the back spacing. If you can get that measurement and it's what I need, I'm sure we can work something out as far as price.

Thanks again for the offer.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back