Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Starting on the rebuild.

Rick said:
BUTTT you still have friction shocks.

When I did my mock up last week on the old frame, it looked like there wasn't going to be enough room to run the friction shock levers and have them be effective. So, I'm thinking of going with a hydralic shock kit from CCR or I'll see what RPM can put together for me. I'd rather give the business to a site member or I'll GET tha business!:rofl:

Ron should look at the picks i have and start making repops for Total frame people or just for folks who dont want to weld on there frames but still want hyd.Shocks.Better yet if he wants me to ill take one or both sides off and ship them to him.

Rick said:
Ron should look at the picks i have and start making repops for Total frame people or just for folks who dont want to weld on there frames but still want hyd.Shocks.Better yet if he wants me to ill take one or both sides off and ship them to him.

Where are your pics at? Let me see what you came up with.

IM000604Medium-1.jpg

IM000605Medium.jpg

IM000611Medium.jpg

IM000612Medium.jpg

Easy bolt on to the friction shock bolt.Or if Ron splits it apart it can be a clean weld on deal.Just a thought.

The way ccr's tower mounts and where your axle is it will not work because there bat wings are wayyyy long ant thats where the shocks mount to unlike totals axle placement.I THINK LOL

A breath of fresh air

I scored a nice, old air cleaner off Ebay and it delivered today! Supposed to have been used for marine applications, but it will sit perfect on my engine. Nice, thick aluminum from the good ole 60's.:)

aircleaner.jpg

aircleaner2.jpg

old round fart said:
Hey Ron, How about a shock/headlight combo? I have an old T/P frame.

We are working on all kinds of new stuff. Right now I can barely keep up with all the orders.

Rick is sending me a shock mount off of his car so we can make an exact copy of it. There should be a way to add a headlight mount to it.

Major work done and no pics

I got the frame back Friday and after doing some errands for my mom, I went to my mechanics shop and proceeded to swap the good stuff on the bad frame to the new one. Everything went easy as pie and if I would have had wheels and tires, I'd have a roller tonight. The wheels may get here next week.

I needed a new engine cross member and it will be here the middle of next week. So, next week, I'll clean up the engine and tranny and get them ready to drop in next weekend.

I also discovered a cure for smoking. Keep a wrench in both hands.:) Didn't smoke for the better part of 8 hours.

I tried that wrench deal and at the end of the day i had BLACK lips.So i just let them burn away.

Ted Brown said:
Yes the real way to guit easy, is to just make up your mind that you are going to throw that habit away for this lifetime,, if I can do it, anyone can..
What did you decide on your shock mounts..?

I'm waiting to see what RPM comes up with. I also have an idea for friction shocks that I'm looking into. I'll know whether that will work tomorrow.

tfeverfred said:
I'm waiting to see what RPM comes up with. I also have an idea for friction shocks that I'm looking into. I'll know whether that will work tomorrow.
Ron is going to send the bracket to you to see if thats what you want.After he copys it.Then you can send it back to me.

Rick said:
Ron is going to send the bracket to you to see if thats what you want.After he copys it.Then you can send it back to me.

LOL, he doesn't have to do that. It's made for a TP frame and that's what I have too. As long as he can duplicate it, it should work for me.

I still have an idea for friction shocks, but I'm not sure it will work. I measured and it probably won't, but I got the shackle piees from Thomas yesturday and I'll know for sure tomorrow.

I'll call Ron and save him a little time and shipping.:D

tfeverfred said:
LOL, he doesn't have to do that. It's made for a TP frame and that's what I have too. As long as he can duplicate it, it should work for me.

I still have an idea for friction shocks, but I'm not sure it will work. I measured and it probably won't, but I got the shackle piees from Thomas yesturday and I'll know for sure tomorrow.

I'll call Ron and save him a little time and shipping.:D

As soon as a I get Ricks part we will copy it and post a picture.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back