Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The question on everyone's mind

Old dogs can learn new tricks and make new friends also. As much as I dislike going over to the NTBA the alternatives are not much better. Some how it feels like a secretive society that that needs to be updated. Also the lack of a technical bent feels archaic and part of what I liked about this site was the technical posts.

John

Old dogs can learn new tricks and make new friends also. As much as I dislike going over to the NTBA the alternatives are not much better. Some how it feels like a secretive society that that needs to be updated. Also the lack of a technical bent feels archaic and part of what I liked about this site was the technical posts.

John

I agree with you 100%, John. I stated that I MIGHT go back to the NTBA in a previous post but it's not someplace that I really like. IMHO

Jim

Corley [I think] has a site called tbucket builders... our old pal gerry[UK] Tom from minnesota & a few others are on there , not a lot of activity , but a bunch going there would change that ???
dave

I checked with the forum software company yesterday and they have no access to the server nor it's data. This is the note I received from them. Besides the issue of being the license owner, the second statement is the important one. "We have no access to customer forums."

Bill Ellis,

Jeremy Dentel replied to your XenForo ticket "Forum Access":

---------
Hi Bill,

Unfortunately, as you are not the license owner or an authorized representative of the license owner, there is not much we can do.

We have no access to customer forums.

Regards,
Jeremy

I have done some digging and found the server is through a hosting company so as along as the hosting fees are paid the site will not go down. If he pays the hosting fees monthly then it could go down depending on the date it is due. With that said we are still working on a solution to the issue.
That's excellent, Hulk. I wonder where the money we donate goes? Some account in Mike's name? Maybe the hosting company would tell us how and when they get paid. That is, did Mike have to initiate a payment, or did the host do a draw, or what? If we can keep paying the host, I'd imagine they would keep hosting. And then we can figure out how we can manage it. Must be someone of us with experience in web site management.

I have done some digging and found the server is through a hosting company so as along as the hosting fees are paid the site will not go down. If he pays the hosting fees monthly then it could go down depending on the date it is due. With that said we are still working on a solution to the issue.
Big Thanks for the effort to keep the site active. Every time I click on it to open, I fear it will be gone.

The T bucketeers website address is 67.222.1.162 and appears to be hosted by dolphinproweb.com the server is located in Dallas Tx

Last edited:
The T bucketeers website address is 67.222.1.162 and appears to be hosted by dolphinproweb.com the server is located in Dallas Tx
Or maybe its hosted by Privatesystems Networks Tx, which would be why the server is located in Tx. Sorry, Im not a real expert at trying to track this kind of info down but this is what I came up with so far.

God bless you guys that are trying to keep the site alive, hope it all works out. Going to the NTBA would not be the same. There is definitely no place like HOME.:unsure:

I doubt that any donations made through the website are going to the hosting company. I know that when I had my own website. ATVHPJUNKIES.com
I believe they wanted to be paid in 3 month blocks. I actually paid 3 years in advance, but I believe the hosting company left the site up for a few weeks after I didn't renew .

It's very surprising that there seems to be no "instructions from beyond". He always impressed me as a man who was well prepared for any event. Hopefully he provided a yet to be uncovered manual to be implemented in this case.

Corley [I think] has a site called tbucket builders... our old pal gerry[UK] Tom from minnesota & a few others are on there , not a lot of activity , but a bunch going there would change that ???
dave

I have my build thread posted over there. Started copying it over when Mike first talked about shutting this site down. One of the motorcycle forums I'm on, just went through something similar when our webmaster was hit and killed on his bike 2 weeks before the national rally. Luckily, his step-daughter has access to his computer and is filling in for now. But the board did mention at the national rally about how they hadn't put safeguards in place for such an event. They do now.

Sad to hear of Mike's passing. His "...my way or the highway" philosophy was a tough pill to swallow for some, even me sometimes. But that appears to be a problem for keeping this forum up and running. I hope this community can stay together here or somewhere. Even after the NTBA updated their message board, most seem to find using Facebook preferable. I use Facebook a lot, but not for message board type info. Corley's site is more user friendly to me and is similar to most of the tbucketeers forum versions as well as most of my motorcycle forums.

We'll see what happens, I guess.

I sure hope this group doesn't migrate to Facebook...Facebook is a can of worms I don't want to jump into. From what I gather from wife, daughter and son-in-law's dealings Facebook is the cyber equivalent of a junior high lunch room.

I sure hope this group doesn't migrate to Facebook...Facebook is a can of worms I don't want to jump into. From what I gather from wife, daughter and son-in-law's dealings Facebook is the cyber equivalent of a junior high lunch room.
Well said

Worse. I joined because my sister was on it, and now I get recipes, religious crap, and gossip about people I never heard of.

Swampdog, PotvinGuy... I to hope it doesn't go that route but there are ways to control access. I never had a FB account and never intended to. My helicopter company set one up and it was open for anyone to read on request to join. No real problems other then people I never heard of and links to their FB account. So I just refused to join and it really bothered me not to be able to add or correct unit history. Finally they closed it to anyone other then members of the company, surviving family members and a few that we either supported or saved our backsides at times. Most all have a regular FB account but we don't see anything from their sites. I still wasn't convinced so I set up an account and my first post told of my concerns and I would not friend anyone. If you want to talk or email me then send me a private message and I'll get you that information. I also said there would be zero on my personal profile and that meant zero! Got about 20+ requests and I reminded them of my policy. Has worked out great. Have run across a lot of lost friends and have seen a lot that have passed on in the last year. Also by having that policy I realized I could view a lot of very interesting technical, hot rod, firearms, aviation, engineering and BS sites and never have to join. With that in mind I created a total false person and friended my family of two so I could check on what's going on while I'm away on my job. No one knows anything and I get zero friend request. So if you can live with those kind of rules that you set and control then FB can be a great tool. You just have to control the urge to join other peoples sites and get friended. Worth a thought for research or just looking around. Probably not T-bucket forum friendly as I don't know how you could post a tech section, suspension system..... Hope that will give others something to think about.

George

Swampdog, PotvinGuy... I to hope it doesn't go that route but there are ways to control access. I never had a FB account and never intended to. My helicopter company set one up and it was open for anyone to read on request to join. No real problems other then people I never heard of and links to their FB account. So I just refused to join and it really bothered me not to be able to add or correct unit history. Finally they closed it to anyone other then members of the company, surviving family members and a few that we either supported or saved our backsides at times. Most all have a regular FB account but we don't see anything from their sites. I still wasn't convinced so I set up an account and my first post told of my concerns and I would not friend anyone. If you want to talk or email me then send me a private message and I'll get you that information. I also said there would be zero on my personal profile and that meant zero! Got about 20+ requests and I reminded them of my policy. Has worked out great. Have run across a lot of lost friends and have seen a lot that have passed on in the last year. Also by having that policy I realized I could view a lot of very interesting technical, hot rod, firearms, aviation, engineering and BS sites and never have to join. With that in mind I created a total false person and friended my family of two so I could check on what's going on while I'm away on my job. No one knows anything and I get zero friend request. So if you can live with those kind of rules that you set and control then FB can be a great tool. You just have to control the urge to join other peoples sites and get friended. Worth a thought for research or just looking around. Probably not T-bucket forum friendly as I don't know how you could post a tech section, suspension system..... Hope that will give others something to think about.

George
George,

What kind of helicopter company was that? Army or civilian? I was in HMM-264 (USMC) and I have worked for PHI, Inc (Petroleum Helicopters) for the last 37 years

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back