Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Who's digging out this morning

der Spieler

There's probably 10" of the white stuff on the ground out there this morning. I'm contemplating getting off my arse and doing something about it but I'm holding out for a heat wave to help me out. I hope it's just powder so that my snowblower doesn't have to work too hard. This is an open invitation for all of you Floridians to come up and see it's all about. I'll even give you a turn with the shovel. You would be surprised how much fun it is. See me laughing?

Detroit area here and it 6to10 inches here and still comeing down hard

old round fart said:
Thanks for the offer...but I just got an email from a real nice guy I need to read!
Now your going to far!!We from the North offer to share the fun of the snow and you refuse.What happened to the Brotherhood?:razz:

So far this winter hasn't been too good. The first time i used the snow blower this year I hit something an bent a blade in the secondary. I got my torch out and heated and bent it back into place. The second time ice got into the secondary blades and froze it up. This had never happened in the 8 or so years since I bought the machine. I had to get the torch out again and heat it up to get things moving. This morning I hit something and broke a shear bolt on one side so I had to do a two car driveway with about a 4" cut and then go over it again to get what was left behind. There was at least a foot and in some places more so it was a long process. I figured that if I can get enough done so that I can get the car out I will go to the store and get a new bolt. So I can now get the car out. I came into the house to take a break and looked into a drawer in my buffet and found a brand spanking new shear bolt. I wish I had discovered that an hour or so ago. After my break I'm going to fix the blower and finish the job.

Winter sucks. At least so far this year. I think Mike should create a database of all forum members who live in Florida, way south Texas and Arizona. I figure since these members are a great bunch of guys they would welcome us with open arms. We could set up a schedule so that all of us northerners could spend a week of two with our southern brothers. We would be warm and they would have company all winter long. Think of the fun we all could have.

Now you need to buy a couple more shear bolts. Zip tie or bolt one to the machine handle, you'll always know its there.

I might have had 2 1/2" of light fluffy powder, so I shoveled it all. Its a huge driveway plus going down to the shop.:D

I would say we got 12" here. There were no places I went through that were less than ten.

I guess we got it easy just ice maybe 3 inches of slush and freezing rain my snowblower didnt like it at all. snow is supposed to be coming maybe you guys kept it all:lol:

winter really sucks....

got 2" of grass to cut, high 70's today....:D

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

der Spieler said:
We're T-bucketeers. We like to share

That's true! I sent 3" of snow to my brother in Vegas. Haven't received a thank you yet, probably won't hold my breath.

Took the day off work and dug out the bucket... my garage is a MESS! Drove all day long, 70 degrees and awesome!

A couple days ago it was high twenties / low thirties and then it started raining, warmed up 40 more degrees and I get one more good day of bucket driving in.

If the good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be taking my New Year's Drive also.

Gotta start the new year RIGHT!

Got about 10-2" here in Muskegon

My cute little snow blower ripped it's belt, in protest. Of course, the owner's manual won't give the belt size, because only the factory belts will work safely. I am sure the factory belts are competitively priced with belts at the auto supply shop. Please wake me up, I am dreaming again.

I hate snow!

Mark

Sorry, But this thread is worthless without pix's. I know you guys go through this every year and hate it a times. But we don't get to see much of any snow. Although on the Big Island, we go through all 4 seasons. They just got some new snow recently too. But not as much as some you get on a weekly or daily bases.

2 1/2 hours this morning with the snowblower and I needed all 13 horses. It's a wet heavy snow about 10"-12" with some drifting in spots to 24". I buy shear bolts 6 at a time and keep them in a drawer along with spare spark plugs, oil, drive belt and auger gear case lube.

Todd said:
That's true! I sent 3" of snow to my brother in Vegas. Haven't received a thank you yet, probably won't hold my breath.

Thanks for the snow. I got 8" of that crap Wednesday. :) Notice there are still leaves on the tree.

Snow023.jpg

The last time there was snow like this here was 1979.

You're welcome Bruce! My brother is actually in Henderson too, just easier to say Vegas.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back