Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Who's digging out this morning

T4TWO said:
Sorry, But this thread is worthless without pix's. I know you guys go through this every year and hate it a times. But we don't get to see much of any snow. Although on the Big Island, we go through all 4 seasons. They just got some new snow recently too. But not as much as some you get on a weekly or daily bases.

Here's the snow you requested

IMG_1991.jpg

And this is called a snowblower, the one on the left is my old 7 HP 24" unit that I sold to a neighbor last year. I replaced it with a 13 HP 32", it's the biggest walk behind unit made.

IMG_1763.jpg

VegasBruce The last time there was snow like this here was 1979.

I have a friend in L.V. that posted a thread on another site.

Las Vegas gets 8" of Global Warming, THANKS Al Gore.

I laughed hysterically, for some reason I thought it was funny.

bruce, now you can do a different kind of 4 wheelin!!!!

Ron

Looks like we got another 7/8 inches last night and today. Not much wind this time so at least its not blown into rock hard drifts. I did dig out the snowmobile in the backyard this afternoon, what a chore, it was nearly completely covered from last weekends blizzard. If its not really cold tommorow I think Im going for a ride!! gotta love snow. lololol
Right now the wife is sleeping and needs a rude awakening so I think I will go blow snow, thatll wake her butt up...

Keeper said:
That thing is a beast!! I like it.

Going to need mine again in the morning another 15-20cm on the way.

I know a guy that owns a shop that specializes in building small engines. He told me he can give me another 3-5 hp when I'm ready for a rebuild. You can never have too much power in a snowblower and 13 hp was the biggest engine I could find.

It's been snowing again for the 2 hours, the low tonight is suppose to be somewhere between 0 and -3 with a wind gusts to 35 mph. It looks like I get to waltz with the beast again tomorrow morning.

That's a lot snow. Thanks for sharing!

I spent an hour and a half shoveling at work tonight. Came home shoveled for another hour and a half, still have about 30'X15' left. I was frozen, had ice hanging from my beard. Maybe tomorrow if the wind dies down.

I'll try to get pictures of how much driveway I have. Funny thing is, when I grew up, Dad had a huge driveway and I hated it. I always had to help shovel that damn thing. Now my driveway is twice what his was (without what needs to be shoveled to get to the shop). Some days I miss that old plow rig.

Maybe a heated drive way. OK maybe not!

Much like how the NHRA track in Denver is for the races. Except they run cool water under the track to keep the track temps down during the summer. :cool:

There are times I grumble at having to pay HOA fees each month.

Sitting up here, sipping a cup of coffee and watching someone else remove the snow from my drive is most certainly not one of those times. It near breaks my heart to watch those poor people freezing their bums when I am so warm and comfortable. ;)

We got a couple of additional inches of snow over night and the temperature has fallen like a rock. It's -8 right now with the winds gusting to 35mph, I don't know what that makes the wind chill but it was damn cold when I ran out to pick the newspaper up off the driveway.

T4TWO said:
Maybe a heated drive way. OK maybe not!

A friend built a new home a few years ago with radiant, in-floor heating. He continued with the tubing to heat both of the attached garages and 20' outside the garages into the driveway. It sort of made sense to me. He would have easy snow removal up around the garage door threshold. But then I wondered: what about on mornings like this. It's -11 degrees. What if the pump fails. He's an engineer so I'm sure he though about all that when he built.

der Spieler said:
........But then I wondered: what about on mornings like this. It's -11 degrees. What if the pump fails. He's an engineer so I'm sure he though about all that when he built.

they run a glycol mixture in case of a failure.

That makes sense. Must be how they do it. Being a closed system I wonder if there is any fluid loss in the system over time making them have to add to it and bleed it.

der Spieler said:
That makes sense. Must be how they do it. Being a closed system I wonder if there is any fluid loss in the system over time making them have to add to it and bleed it.

Many years ago when I owned my first house it had a natural gas central air conditioner that used regular automotive antifreeze. It would require periodic filling but was never under any kind of real pressure, just remove a cap and pour it into a reservoir tank to the full mark. I imagine the radiant heat system works similarly.

have radiant heat in my garage havent had to add for 5 years. It has a pressure gauge with a pressure tank like a water pump system. Where I work they have same setup nice for melting snow off vehicles has heat on floor where it belongs not on ceiling with a big blowhard blownig out hot air that rises to ceilng right away. This system also lets you keep garage a little cooler because when working on cars you can feel the heat coming off floor. Another plus floor dries quickly. Now the negative when I built I didn't put water in My garage can't drill hole in floor for well without thermal imaging camera to make sure I don't hit tubes. Would put heat in floor again though.

This is my exercise area, shovel, shovel, shovel, on and on and on.
shop003.jpg

shop002.jpg

shop004.jpg

Todd said:
This is my exercise area, shovel, shovel, shovel, on and on and on.
shop003.jpg

shop002.jpg

shop004.jpg

Just think of the cardio workout and upper body strength you're developing. I have to pay good money to go to a gym for what you're getting for free at home.

The news just announced we have 8-10 additional inches of snow on the way. It looks like I'm about to pile up some serious hours on the snowblower this year.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back