Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

27 T something

i have some body frame started
windshield A post and C post
B not done yet
firewall will be worked on it some tomorrow morningpic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg pic5.jpg

Last edited:
I am building my frame for my body
I have the windshield A post started and the C post rear made
Im starting the firewall area
i have not set my windshield height and windows height.. it looks like 12 or 13 inch tall windshield
ill get the bed on at some point then see how height the windows will be
no B post
i need to get the bed cut down to size and put on the back and look at the shape of it all

pic2.jpg pic1.jpg pic3.jpg pic5.jpg

Please tell me you are going to gusset that rear kick up!

the kick up is 2*4 welded around 1.5*3 both 3/16's then on the inside another plate of 3/16
its is not butt welded
besides, I have til I get ready to start cleaning the frame(ie long time) to modify if I

Please tell me you are going to gusset that rear kick up!

Big time!
That's a key weak spot . . . if there's some plate there, do both sides and sandwich the "Z'd" area

I thought the engine /trans seemed awfully high, isn't the tunnel going to encroach the cab space very uncomfortably . . or is this just a temporary mock-up . . . . This is going to be interesting to see how it evolves

Maybe once the body starts to get fleshed out, it'll look differently to me, but it just seems boxy/awkward with a high center of gravity for that much power.

circus wagon 1r.jpg

Or I just need my morning coffee . . .

Take a slow sipp I Girl and wait to see what Scott has in mind.

I'm interested in this build because if he gets it right it could look like a dream, on the other hand.....

ive had a temporary wood body on it along time ago with my motor, trans, exhaust mocked up, front end
looked ok from a distance
if its gong to look stupid, im gonna change it
body is boxy
but body is not finished
the front firewall area will be curved and rounded
the back will be curved some too
I have a vice, some hammers, table, pipe and other scrape junk laying around
no sheet metal forming tools
but I don't see me having problems forming the firewall area to do what im going to do
after all the stuff I had to do to my jeep after cutting off all the metal I did from it
Ive thinking (since body is sort of welding about putting another plate on inside and outside of the kick up
you wont see it so looks will not be anything to work about it as you will not see it
motor, trans and irs are mounted at the same height that they were sitting at in the tbird
had to keep the same drive line angle
but after adding the steering box and exhaust, motor and trans will not seem too high (at least when I was mocking it up nothing looked too out of place)
the trans tunnel will be a little big not leaving much room for feet but the cab will be long

Take a slow sipp I Girl and wait to see what Scott has in mind.

I'm interested in this build because if he gets it right it could look like a dream, on the other hand.....

Ahhhh . . that first sip of morning Joe . . . . Coffee 1.jpg

If there's a pic of the look Scott's after, it would probably help me see where this is heading a lot more clearly.

Being out here on a small rock in a big ocean really limits what I've seen in the flesh over the last couple decades, so my imagination lacks a little guidance sometimes . .

Thanks for adding in the additional info Scott . . . :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IG, I THINK Scott is working towards something like this...

really close good find

I welded some body mounts yesterday
I did some more thinking
I did cut 2 guessets for the 2 upkick from the irs front support to the top rails over the rear
I have not modify or welded them yet but...
after thinking of the vehicle weight and the rear will be holding the springs.... yeap put them in
but the upkicks to the frame running to the front.... I think im good... I might put another plate on the inside that would make 2

some one take my upkick pic and update it with MS Paint on where they might gusset it

floor 102019.jpg floor 2 .jpg

seats.jpg
been work on by truck
the project looks like I have not touched it
I worked on my seats for about 10 hours

uh seat belts
any one have any comments for seat belts.
I will be installing lap belts for sure
I know how I'm installing the belts, got to do that
do we have to install shoulder belts or any one thoughts
I have some police friends I could ask what would the law do
I live in Louisiana.
I have some reading to do

with the bed cut and just sitting on the rear frame
I see how high or low or where all my windows will be

need to make a firewall hoop
and the firewall trans hoop

steering and exhaust looks like they are going to go right where I wanted them too

lakester headers with them bending going under the body on outside of frame

Looks like you are fabricating an inner skeleton. I can already see the truck forming. It reminds me of building a house. You build the frame work first. You attach the exterior portion to the frame work. After awhile you will have an entire house. Soon you'll have an entire truck. I respect you sir. Without a strong foundation ; a house will NOT stand. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back