Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

27 T something

That's gonna be a cool ride, Scott! Nice work. Can't wait to see it roll under its own power. :thumbsup:

i dont know. im running a stock 1995 4.6 and the injection system with oxygen sensors. i want the engine to run just like it did in the 95 t bird. i built the truck to have them. im not changing anything that runs the engine and transmission. its from the tbird too. AODE i think

It is possible to trick the PCM into believing a cat is present by using a MIL eliminator if you really wanted to.
Its basically just a resistor in the signal return wire. Very easy to fabricate but even easier just to buy for pretty cheap. Much cheaper than a cat.
Just search "Ford MIL Eliminator" and tons of sources will come up. Just find one that matches your connectors.
OIP.fwSpiswF9D1uGKEqmeOVgAHaFj

A bit of research should give you a few sources where you can mail your PCM to have the emissions junk tuned out. They will eliminate PATS too so you don't need the chipped key.

its it alive about 3 weeks ago
ill take the thunderbird hens nest wiring that i am slowing working on
i crank it every day after i cut and move wires
im using the cats because thats what i said i was going to do 4 years ago
it is built to fit them where they are.
sounds good so far

I swapped a 2007 Mustang 4.OL v6 into a 2006 Miata. The P.A.T.S system will not let the fuel pump & fuel injectors function without an acceptable chip code . Don't know if this is the situation with a 1995 Thunderbird. Does the Thunderbird's ignition key have a chip in it ? Are you using the Thunderbird's P.C.M , E.C.U or E.C.M ( THE ELECTRONIC BRAIN ) If so ; both have to be used together. Unless you have the P.A.T.S removed from the TBird's electronic brain.

I went to e-bay & searched for a 95 T-bird ignition key. Looks like your key is a non transponder key. Looks like you ignition key doesn't have a chip in it. Looks like you have a clear path through an electronic nightmare. Way to go mon ami.

i had the engine running 4 years ago when that pic on the first page was posted while this thing was in wood form
lot to do
upload_2021-7-9_8-30-1.png

i cranked it and shut off not really running it.
i primed it before the 1st crank 3 weeks ago
gonna be alittle bit before i run it again

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back