Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Air Scoops

ford4ever

What air scoops are you guys using? I like the Hilborn style. I bought one from a supply house, rushed inside to open it, and to my disappointment,it looked like crap! called them right up.
They said sorry, we will make it right. Sent me another one right away. Received it a couple
days later. rushed in,opened it. It was worse then the first one!!

I undersatand when you are dealing with something that is cast aluminum, it's not going to
be perfect, but come on! It's not the first thing I have sent back on my T project. I have sent
my Intake, and carb back twice, and each time I get it back, It's worse. (the finish).Now the
Hilborn style air scoop!!sorry for my rant just frustrated!!!

Back to the question at hand. Is there a company out there that make a chrome air scoop
that is like the Hilborn style. The finish on the cast, pollished aluminum is not vey bright,
or good.

Pleas point me in the right direction, LOL,
Mark

I have the Hilborn style on my 2x4 set-up. I am pleased with the quality, although I did some touch-up polishing on it. I can't remember where I got it at the moment. I will look at my receipts when I get home tonight.

Thanks, Lee. It's not really the polishing, they were pitted really bad, like the mold was not filled.
or air bubbles where in it?

Yeah, mine had a few pits here and there, but they are not noticeable from ten feet away. Certainly not the quality of the originals back in the 60s, but then, what is.

You didn't mention if you had a single or dual quad set up, but I'm saving up for a single quad that's the perfect size. I liked the Hilborn scoops, but they looked too big on a single carb set up.

Check these guys out. Thier scoops are "old school" designs, but the quality and service is EXCELLENT.

http://www.obrientruckers.com/ecom/product_images/239/2695/

The scoop I'm getting is the one on the top, but they have a great selection. Good luck.

What air scoops are you guys using? I like the Hilborn style. I bought one from a supply house, rushed inside to open it, and to my disappointment,it looked like crap! called them right up.
They said sorry, we will make it right. Sent me another one right away. Received it a couple
days later. rushed in,opened it. It was worse then the first one!!

I undersatand when you are dealing with something that is cast aluminum, it's not going to
be perfect, but come on! It's not the first thing I have sent back on my T project. I have sent
my Intake, and carb back twice, and each time I get it back, It's worse. (the finish).Now the
Hilborn style air scoop!!sorry for my rant just frustrated!!!

Back to the question at hand. Is there a company out there that make a chrome air scoop
that is like the Hilborn style. The finish on the cast, pollished aluminum is not vey bright,
or good.

Pleas point me in the right direction, LOL,
Mark

I think the Weiand version is a little better quality than the MR. Gasket version. It's also more $$
http://www.jegs.com/i/Weiand/925/7221/10002/-1?CT=999

BDS has one that's pretty good too.
http://blowerdriveservice.com/cart/ymm.php?cat=48_70

I used a dual four air cleaner and converted to a single four with satisfactory results. I picked up the scoop at a swap meet.

IMG_0852.jpg

Jim

Can anyone here tell me what the quality of the Spectre scoops is like? I have not been able to find one to look at here in Australia. I am looking for a really short one to sit on a 350 Holley, like the O'Brien Truckers ones, which I also like the look of.

Bit of an unfortunate name, but I can understand why you would consider that gal a great scoop. Isn't this a T Bucket site? How about pix of T Buckets instead of girls? :laugh:

Can anyone here tell me what the quality of the Spectre scoops is like? I have not been able to find one to look at here in Australia. I am looking for a really short one to sit on a 350 Holley, like the O'Brien Truckers ones, which I also like the look of.

Bit of an unfortunate name, but I can understand why you would consider that gal a great scoop. Isn't this a T Bucket site? How about pix of T Buckets instead of girls? :laugh:

Perhaps this is a picture more to your liking.

IMG_2941.jpg

Jim

Qoute: "How about pix of T buckets instead of girls?"

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! o_O Hot rods without girls ???? :eek: That would be like apple pie without ice cream. Ozzie without Harriet. Moe without Larry and Curly. Why, that is simply UnAmerican !!!!!!!!:eek:

Oh wait, you are from Australia...................never mind. :D

Don

Here are a couple for the red blooded guys who DO like chicks and cars. :D

sanibelpictures021-1.jpg

sanibelpictures022.jpg

2X what Don said!!

Ron

RIGHT ON, Don !!!

Jim

Hmmm...well, I'm into scoops. You could go this way:
Ardmore%2520drags%25205%25202010.JPG

or this way:
rod-pin-up-girl.jpg

There's something to be said for both approaches...and the scoops are nice, too.

Hmmm...well, I'm into scoops. You could go this way:
Ardmore%2520drags%25205%25202010.JPG

or this way:
rod-pin-up-girl.jpg

There's something to be said for both approaches...and the scoops are nice, too.
Hey PotvinGuy, where is the Potvin Blower at ???? Getting her rebuilt?

Check my project plan "big redo of the old bucket." It's going back on the motor right now!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! o_O Hot rods without girls ???? :eek: That would be like apple pie without ice cream. Ozzie without Harriet. Moe without Larry and Curly. Why, that is simply UnAmerican !!!!!!!!:eek:

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll have to excuse Grazza, he's just an old fart, not all us Aussie's are like him. Good looking Girls and Hot Rods are fine by me.
Ian.

Thanks for the support Ian, but aren't you older than me??

Just to set the record straight Don, the first pic you put up is my present screen saver!! Nothing strange about me, but I sometimes worry about the other voice who talks to me. :roflmao:

Now, about those Spectre scoops?????

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back