Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Black Dahlia"

I agree, the panhard has more to do with the roll center so if you aint racing it I doubt it is that big of a deal. I think its more about aesthetics in these cars (keeping the rear centered/appearance from the rear view) or "fit over function"

I'm tending to agree, Jeff.

Okay, rear radius rods and the panhard bar received their first few coats. I'll let them set and shot a couple more coats this weekend. I wasn't motivated to go by the hardware store and check out the marine paint. I'll do that next weekend. I picked up another tube of filler and will finish the rear end lower shock mounts and the front shock/head light mounts this afternoon. Moving right along.

It is all these little parts and pieces that seem to eat up time. The big projects like engine, tranny, and body,etc seem to go fast, to me anyway. But progress is progress, and it has to be done.

Yup.......:D

Just finished applying the last of the filler. Is it wrong that I like the way it smells? In a past life, was I a body man? The mind wanders......... I'll let it set over night and sand/shape it tomorrow after work. I'm still amazed at how fast it sets up. A working time of 3 minutes is a small window, so having a predetermined plan of where I was applying it was key. All in all, I think it's going to look pretty good.

I've posted a question in the "Body Section" for a little advise.

With working time of 3 minutes you could use a tad less hardner at least until it gets a little cooler.

Good advise, I'm sure. If this sets right, I'm probably done with the filler.

Had a short day at work. Got home and went to work. I guess I'm living my life right because the filler set perfectly and I had everything sanded down in no time. The shock/headlight mounts came out beautiful and the rear end is just what I had envisioned. I'll try to get some clear pics in a little bit.

And once again, the pics really don't show the smooth transition of the pieces where they meet. Any way, here are the pics. I think if you click on them, they expand..... or not.:D

full

full

full

I've been advised to give the areas a going over with some 600 grit before priming, to remove any scratches, so I'll hit them up tomorrow.

After work today, I finished the final sanding with 1000 grit to remove any scratches. I hope it comes out like I planned. Tomorrow I'll apply the last couple coats of paint to my radius rods. Next week I'll prep the frame and rear end and hopefully get them painted.

Radius rods and panhard bar painted! Looking forward to next week!:D

They were looking great after the first coat and I was gonna call it a day, but I figured I had enough for one more coat, so why not, right? And that's when it happened. I must have held the can too close and got a run on both of them! :mad:

So, I cursed until they dried enough to wet sand the runs with 1,000 grit wet/dry. Then a quick recoat. The thing is, the runs were where no one really would have seen them and I was gonna let them go, but knowing they were there would have bugged the shit out of me. o_O

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back