Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

botton tufted upholstery info

Humidi-T

Anybody done any button tufting on thier interior? I'm interested in doing this, and have the knowledge of HOW to do it, but have run into a road block on a source for the buttons. Everywhere I have been requires expensive tools to make the buttons. Anyone do this kind of work? Making buttons?

theres realy only one way to make the buttons you will need the top & bottom of the button & the tool to press them together the rest is easey get a big hole punch & a big Hammer for the fabric I will take some photos later of the machine I have & post its an old hand one

I've read that on other sites, but the machine is kind of pricey for a one time use and I still have to get the blanks.

Your info is greatly apreciated and I look forward to the picture. Hmm, maybe I could fab something up in the shop that would work.

Humidi-T said:
I've read that on other sites, but the machine is kind of pricey for a one time use and I still have to get the blanks.

Your info is greatly apreciated and I look forward to the picture. Hmm, maybe I could fab something up in the shop that would work.
Do you have any Upholstery shops around your place?It doesn't have to be a car trim shop anyone of them have button makers and they would be glad to make them for you.

Humidi-T said:

for any upholstry needs at all tools fabric anything.I have been dealing with them a few years very helpful and small orders not a problem.
Email rjm@epvplastics.com
Web Site General Rubber Fabric - Upholstery Supplies: Expanded and Clear Vinyl Film, Foam, Batting, Awning Materials, Upholstery Tools, Fasco Staple Guns/Repairs and More
General Rubber Fabric Co.(GRF)
Upholstery Supplies & Vinyls
Industrial Park East
2 Hawksley Drive
PO Box 407
Oxford Mass 01540
Tel.(800)523-0958
Fax (508) 987 5624

002-13.jpg

003-12.jpg

004-13.jpg

005-13.jpg

006-13.jpg

008-13.jpg

I hope these have some use but even saying this I would go see someone that will do them for you

Rick said:
Do you have any Upholstery shops around your place?It doesn't have to be a car trim shop anyone of them have button makers and they would be glad to make them for you.

Thanks to all for the input. I found an upholstery shop down the road from the office. Went visit with the owner, he said it would cost $.50 per button. We started making them, when the phone rang, he got up to answer it. I sat down and continued making them. I was done by the time he got off the phone. He charged me $10 bucks for 50 buttons. That's 20 cents a button. Not a bad deal! Hell the tech info he gave me was worth ten bucks!

I gots me some work to do this weekend.

LumenAl said:
Humiti-T... you must live right my friend... way cool! :D

Hey Al, you've always lit up a room I hear. Since becoming a responsible adult, I've always tried to treat people the way I wanted them to treat me. This was reinforced by the members of the NTBA. I have been treated so wonderfully by the other members, it will take me the rest of my lifetime to pay it forward. Damned good people us bucketheads! Very few people that I've met in this club didn't belong here.

Sos

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back