Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Chrome grill shell

datonamanmike

i need a chrome grill shell anyone know where to get one
i would even buy just a metal one and get it chromed

not sure if this is posted in the right place

i ordered my rad kit from TP they havent got the chrome shells something bout the machine or something bla bla bla

i took the fiberglass one and will try to sell it i guess
its backordered anyway story of my life

Like Mike said there was a post about the shells on the NTBA website a short while back. Apparently California Metal Stamping that made the shells sold out and the new owner does not want to make the shells any more because of low demand compared to other parts. If you have any local swap meets in your area you might try checking them out. Also in the article it mentioned that Speedway or Total Performance might look into reproducing them again.

I tried to find some by Googling and the only ones were on Epay and most were junk. I have seen some in the past, but they would have needed work as well.

Last time I checked SW had a 23t plain metal shell for less than $100. I just didn't want to wait for the chromer!!

I don't have their catalog but Total offered one at one time.

Youngster said:
I don't have their catalog but Total offered one at one time.

Total doesn't carry them anymore. Speedway shows them discontinued also. It seems no one had them when I was considering one. I do know that Speedway has some steel ones the found, but they would need to be painted. Considering how scarce steel ones are, if I had the money, I'd buy 'em up. There's a lot of people looking for them.

Does anyone know why no one makes them anymore?

I wanted a metal shell for my 23 when I was building it, and no one carried them any more. I called everywhere. One guy told me the stamping press or mold had broken and the demand was so low and the cost to repair it so high that they just stopped making them altogether. Evidently, one place made all of them for everybody.

I finally scored a metal one that was mint and modified it to fit my car.

Don

Try Snyder's Antique Auto Parts

Jeff

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back