Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

"But Daddy, it would be ever so much nicer on our rides in the country if we had a heater from Summit to keep our toes and fingers from freezing and snapping off. Please Daddy, please!
With your talent and two hundred dollars you could make this happen!"

Also noted, did that darn steering wheel air bag go off again?

As told to John by Cooters loving but cold children.

Cooter, I love that trailer you built. Every time I see it I smile. What a great idea you came up with. Top also looks good.

Cooter, I love that trailer you built. Every time I see it I smile. What a great idea you came up with. Top also looks good.
Trailer is best feature.. I learnt this year's ago on my rail buggy days. Gotta have place for my clothes, cooler, coats, paper towels, Windex, groceries, spare parts, tools, you name it it's goin with me.

465_zpsxrds1ysw.jpg
467_zpst4s2f9sh.jpg
468_zpsb2rjmm5a.jpg
470_zpsbhvrzjmy.jpg
471_zps5lnnbyso.jpg
348_zps95rh3c9b.jpg
heres what me and boys been up too.

Cooter, your boys will remember and cherish times like this for many years to come. I'm telling you this through experience as my sons are 46 and 50 years old. They still remember the things that we did together and what they learned. So, keep on the path that you've set for them.

Jim

Cooter, your boys will remember and cherish times like this for many years to come. I'm telling you this through experience as my sons are 46 and 50 years old. They still remember the things that we did together and what they learned. So, keep on the path that you've set for them.

Jim
I can remember helping pop put a pinto engine in a VW dirt track car when I was little. I'm guessing I was around 7-9 years old. I remember it being cold and a old wood stove burning in the old garage. He handed me some Emery cloth and had me sand on a cam lobe. I'm guessing the moisture in the air had made surface rust and I was polishing it off. I learnt to drive that old car. He would reach his left arm across and hold roll cage so I could lean against his arm to reach pedals. Drove that ol car all over that old farm then ended up at dirt drags with it by 16 years old. Hope my boys get the same good hot rods gave me.

O.K. I see that the install went well and that the bed cover will be the aluminum/plywood piece. Or is that the base for an upholstery piece that matches the top/interior ? Will the bed cover be hinged or removable in some way? And, how will the cap be mated to the fuel tank so there will be no danger of fuel splashing around ?
And when will the heater get installed?

John

Uh, John . . . I think the limit is 3 questions per post! So . . . go sit in the corner for one hour:roflmao::p:laugh:

When you raise the lid the tank is underneath. This is just an access door. I guess I'll use hood pins to hold bed cover on.

Have a look at the press and pop thingys they use on draws and loft doors. You push to open and then push to latch closed. They would mount under the bed top and will not be seen. Leave a nice clean/smooth top. I can post a pic of one if you like. Got any plans for the coming summer?

Have a look at the press and pop thingys they use on draws and loft doors. You push to open and then push to latch closed. They would mount under the bed top and will not be seen. Leave a nice clean/smooth top. I can post a pic of one if you like. Got any plans for the coming summer?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Planning on ocala in April and pigeon forge in July.

stainless steel brackets break when you bend them. grrrrrrr. get to start all over..:mad::mad:

You did the whole procedure right. I would just use a thicker material. 1/8" 90° angle mild steel.

What gives stainless such great corrosion resistance also makes it not bond so well. It's slippery, so to speak.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back