Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Front spindles

ronhallam

HI, I just bought an original 23 frame with both front & rear axle/suspenison in great shape. I'll probably put a Ford 9" on the rear. My question is can new spindles be put on the front to handle new disc system? I'm assuming you can and what does anyone recommend, short of putting a Mustang II suspenison on? Tnx, in advance. Ron

The frame you have could be used with a whole lot of work. The front suspension is just plain unsuitable for the use you have in mind. From the safty standpoint alone you will be way ahead to build a new set of rails out of some rectangular tubing. There are plans avalable here on the site that you can download for free. RPM has all the brackets for this frame for purchase. I don't mean to wizz on your b'day cake but this would be the way to go both for safty and economical reasons.

Ron

I would also recommend you not use that frame and just start with new. Sell that frame to someone who needs it for a restoration project. Youngsters frame plans are on here for a free download. We make all the brackets for it or the CCR style also.

Ron

Welcome to the site Ron .... Ron

Welcome Ron :hi:

HI, I just bought an original 23 frame with both front & rear axle/suspenison in great shape. I'll probably put a Ford 9" on the rear. My question is can new spindles be put on the front to handle new disc system? I'm assuming you can and what does anyone recommend, short of putting a Mustang II suspenison on? Tnx, in advance. Ron

Hi Ron
from the UK
Listen to these guys they have your safety and fun in mind.
Take a tip and go for a new frame.
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back