Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fuel Tanks

spartacus

Any recommendations for a rectangle fuel tank that can support a fuel gauge sender and an in tank pump. I'm going to probably be using with Fuel Injection.

It needs to fit in a 20" truck bed of a '23 t-bucket so it can't be taller than about 9-11" max. I have 40" width max.

Take a look a tanksinc.com. They have different size tanks, for customs or replacements. The below image is $285. It's 27 3/4" x 17 3/4" x 8 1/6". It holds 16 gals. Being less than 28" long would allow you to mount the battery in the truck bed too. A full custom tank will cost more.

Attachments

• Tanks.png
    Tanks.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 4
Another option is to contact RPM, one of our sponsors, and let Ron build a tank to your specifications. He's done this for others with great results. Check him out.

Last edited:
Another option is to contact RPM, one of our sponsors, and let Ron build a tank to your specifications. He's done this for others with great results. Check him out.

Yeah, I've thought about this and talked to him about it even but he's super busy with other stuff he's doing for me. Awesome dude, highly recommend him so far. I really want an aluminum one for the look.

Last edited:
I actually need one with baffles since I plan on using an in-tank EFI pump, baffles are needed to keep the pump from starving.

There are companies that build custom tanks out of aluminum and stainless. Not cheap. Look for a local fabricator to do it on the side if you aren’t in a hurry. Build a cardboard template with specifics and dimensions and gather up your bungs, etc, to minimize their leg work, gather the materials, and turn em loose. Vocational school might be a possibility.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back