Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

had any one built the ccr frame and have strep by step photos?

Good deal!!! Ill need that trany mount also, engine mounts, steerin box mount, and all the ccr chassis mounts so i can get this thing rollin. I should have my tax return in 8-10 days. Then im east bound and down.

Good deal!!! Ill need that trany mount also, engine mounts, steerin box mount, and all the ccr chassis mounts so i can get this thing rollin. I should have my tax return in 8-10 days. Then im east bound and down.

Gonna take your hat off when you get there?

Is it hot rod heaven? Hope it like casey atwoods race shop was. Friend of mine was in my shop helpin me on frame. I think the bug bit him also. Might bring home 2 buckets?

170_zps7983f367.jpg

I have no idea how I got this here!!!! bet I never figure it out again. I hate computers!!!!!!

Something tells me im gonna get busted up aside the head cause that pic looks big? I got no idea how to shrink it. Lord only knows how I got this far. Frame is bout as far as I can go till I get some brackets and tabs from RPM.

Is that your frame, or at someones shop? Looking good anyway. I don't mind large pics, but perhaps Mike my like them smaller. I use micro soft picture editor to do all my picture editing, and save most of mine at around 60 to 65kbs.
Lee

That be my handy work. My shop is 16x22. Hope to say i built it frome scratch. You wouldnt believe all the vehicles that have came out of this shop. First T bucket. Well, except for the v.w. berry mini T with a 1968cc stroker. That was a death wish comeing off the line!!!

these ccr frame plans show two different positions for engine mounts? depending on standard body or stretch? sounds like frame rails are same for both bodies except for moveing engine forward? am I reading this right? also says you can lengthen main frame rails 24" when using conventionaltype rear set up? this is confuseing

my main framerail is 95" from inside front 2 1/2" crossmember to top of kickup. question is where does my engine mounts set?

CCR plans show 90" from inside front crossmember to start of kick on bottom of main rail and 103" to rear of frame.
Engine mount location is shown as 27.125" from inside front crossmember to C/L of engine mount hole. Engine mount location for stretch body is 21.375"

Jerry

I added 10" to main rails to compensate for RPM stretch body. Apparently ccr frames are universal with standard or stretch body.

Bein as i have stretched my frame 10" which measurement should i use for engine? 27.125?

My CCR frame, made for the stretch body, is 91.5" from back of front cross member to front top edge of kick. Yours is 3.5" longer if at 95.0".
My motor mounts are 21.375" for CCR stretch body. 27.125" is for standard body on my frame.

Not sure where you added the 10" or how long your body is but 27.125" would seem too far back unless using standard body. I'd think it more likely needs to be in
24.875" area (21.375" + 3.5").

Jerry

Plans say 90" to long cut. I added 10", so 100" on the long cut welded up yielded the 95" im pretty close to your set up. I still need body on site to be sure. I sure appreciate all the help. Maked my build easier. :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back