Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

hello from california

mcghotrods

hey all,

name is Erik i live in thousand oaks (Ventura county) California. i am 28 years old... yes a youngster. i have my own hotrod shop here in town. i do everything from full custom fab to engine work. i have owned a bunch of cars from 60s muscle to vintage. i currently own a 54 Bel air, 1936 Chevy truck, and now building a t-bucket.

so far i have a speedway body no bed or turtle deck, 4" drop 46" super bell i beam axle, split wish bones,29" reverse eye leaf that i mounted to the wish bones for a spring behind set up, home made frame out of 2x3 box, for the rear i have a model a cross member with a medium arch leaf, ford 8.8 with auburn posi,4.56 gears, drive train is a new gm ls2 with custom pistons, heads and cam, new Holley tunnel ram set up, engine makes about 550hp, trans is a t56 6 speed. still have a little ways to go but i am excited.. next is a way to figure out how to reg it as a orig car not a custom construction....

Welcome aboard! Looks like you have already got a start on collecting parts. Do you have an idea how you'll mount the 6speed? I'm sure a lot of guys would be interested.

well its a giant trans so leg room will be pretty much non existent however i am only 5'4" so not a big deal for me. as far as the mount just a simple tube cross member. i will be using clutch and brake pedals from willwood. they have a tribar set up with 3 small masters and ill do remote reservoir.. since the car is so light i will not need a large master cylinder. and the nice thing about the t56 is its a hyd. throw out bearing so just a simple -4 line thats it..ill be posting pics during the build.

Cool! Can't wait for pics!

Welcome, :tip: looking forward to seeing your build.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back