• 40-50

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • 60 and older

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters
all-world1 said:
You retired guys are killin me .....I can go in 4 years 2 months and I'm counting the days down. Hope to get this thing built by then.
I'm self employed, and I work by myself. It's nice to be able to schedule my time any way I want to, kind of like semi retirement. Monday is just another day.
I have been restoring antique wood boats for a while, and got into wood cars recently kind of by accident. The car in my avatar was brought to me because the owner couldn't find anyone else to do the wood work. Everyone who had been doing it seems to be retiring, and no one is replacing them. It's the same with old boats, it's an aging crowd.
One kind of odd thing that I have noticed with wood boats though is that interest in them seems to have skipped a generation. People old enough to remember them get nostalgic, and young kids just love them. They say that everything eventually comes back into style.

I'm 72, but in my head I'm still about 17, especially when a Mustang pulls up beside me at the stoplight!:D:laugh::roflmao::sneaky:

"Old Guy" is actually a fact. Last November I turned 80. I bought my T-Bucket from a close friend, who bought it in a "package" deal at an auction. He's a lot younger than I am (he's 75) but he's still working full time. To me the car looks like somebody nearly finished building it and quit. It looked finished, if you didn't look close. My friend was never gonna have time to finish it. Now it's mine and I enjoy every minute.

47 here.
But do you guys realize this thread is almost TEN years old.
So all of the first page of posters are almost a decade older that the posts ... lol I must be the youngest guy here.

I just think its great we have a thread so old about how old we are ...lol
And I think its the oldest thread I have seen on here.

I think I am back there some where but I am so old I might not find it before I done..........LOL......I am only 72 now a days but I have been here a long time...........

Looks like the bar graph shows what # post you are reading on the page you are on. It moves to the right as you scroll down to look a the posts. Right now it should show 14 as you read this post.

Turned 76 last nov. just quit racing winged outlaw karts last July. Drove a 360 sprint 2 years ago. Been into some type of cars since I was 13. Still having fun. Have just over 400 miles on my newly built 1924 T. My mother 4 years ago just before she passed on asked me if I was ever going to grow up and I answered why would i want to do that!

Here's a cool story about the pleasures of being old. Back in 2006, when I had started my build, I went to the Houston Auto-Rama. I was looking to get a George Barris autograph. I went to the stage and it was empty, but a worker said he went to the lunch room with Billy Gibbons! Needless to say, I ran to catch up. I got to talk to Billy Gibbons as George was almost into the lunch room. So, these two younger people(guy and his gal) walk up and start chatting with Barris.

I asked Billy for his autograph, but he said a photo would be better! Awesome! So, me Billy and me are posing and the young guy used my camera to take the photo. I'm standing there with a big grin, because behind the guy, Mr. Barris is standing next to the guys girl with a huge handful of her ass! That's when I knew, my destiny was to be a dirty old man. I'm counting the days, when young girls think I'm helpless and not a threat.;) You old guys get away with WAY too much, but you've earned it.

That's almost exactly what I told a friend whn he asked if I was gonna "grow up" , I told him I lookd at my parents who were "all grown up" & they weren't having any fun , I decided not me !!

Soon to be 53, but I have a 9 year old outlook or mentality if you talk to my way better half.

Never growing up.

PaulR

I tell my kids I'm 32. The only problem is they are both older than that. (Now 66)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back