Votes: 6 15.0%
  • 40-50

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • 60 and older

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters
ill be 43 next week have kids but they are not interested in cars hopefully kids will keep the hobby going. maybe they would if it involved a xbox or cell phone :)

The only thing we have of real value, is time........and we've got no idea of how much we have

Ain't that the truth!

I spent half my life being a good work-a-holic, instead of doing the things I'd have enjoyed. There's not a minute of overtime or forfeited weekend and vacation time that was worth it in the end. I would have never have guessed at 60 I'd bedridden. I always thought there would be time later.

Lol... we attended a concert last weekend (Foghat) and felt like yougins... good to see people still enjoying life.

Lol... we attended a concert last weekend (Foghat) and felt like yougins... good to see people still enjoying life.

Nice.

Original band members?

Foghat.jpg

I'm 73 and am planning on driving my bucket and working on the many projects I always start and never quite finish for many more years. I was fortunate to be able to retire at 59 and I don't know where the time has gone since then. I believe that if you stay active you will make it a lot longer - have seen people retire, sit down, and pretty soon aren't able to get up.

This is a new hobby to me at 48, retired from one career, and now working another one to fund my new hobby and well, yes, my wife.....

I'm 73 and am planning on driving my bucket and working on the many projects I always start and never quite finish for many more years. I was fortunate to be able to retire at 59 and I don't know where the time has gone since then. I believe that if you stay active you will make it a lot longer - have seen people retire, sit down, and pretty soon aren't able to get up.
You are exactly right. I've seen guys that I really respected who retired, sat down, and basically never got up. Guys who worked all of their life, accomplished more after work than many do in a lifetime, not lazy guys. I must admit, I am beginning to understand. Pain and the related benefits of working do seem to catch up and slow me down.

im 35 and this will be my 4th car that ive built but the first one i have done since early 2000's and since i got out of the army. this is however the first car for me to start with just parts and will be driving out a car when it is done. im doing all this while working full time and taking 5 college classes at night right now i dont have a lot of time because it seems all of my free time is writing paper after paper. im sick of doing 2 papers a week..... all i seem to do is dream about working on car and driving it when it is done and this motivates me to get my butt in gear so i can finish it by august.

Started mine when I was 46 took 3 years to finish my Dad passed away 1 year into the build so I am now 52 and love driving the car even without doors I still love climbing in it!

43. Grandpa with another grandkid on the way. Love listenening to music and wrenching on the car.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back