Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

L.E.D. Turn signals

spayne

OK I need help I have installed L.E.D. turn signals front and rear wired them up when I turn them on they light up but no flash. I orderd the relay from Speedway for L.E.D. lights but it still doesn't work. Do I need the dummy load resistors and if so how do I wire them in or am I all wrong here and lost in electrical land HELP!

From my understanding some LED Turn signals need a LED Flasher Can. Then again some have told me that isn't so. Mine don't, but I only have back ones. Hope it's a help.

LEDs don't put enough load on an ordinary flasher to make it flash. Just add a regular bulb (I put mine under the seat) in parallel with each of the two (left and right) turn signals. Location is not important, so under the dash or wherever you can get to the wiring. If you're using a fuse block just add the bulbs there. Lemme know if you need more info.

Cool thanks we have a Tuesday night get together (beer drinking night) so we will try it on my car tonight. I will let you know how it comes out.

LEDs don't put enough load on an ordinary flasher to make it flash. Just add a regular bulb (I put mine under the seat) in parallel with each of the two (left and right) turn signals. Location is not important, so under the dash or wherever you can get to the wiring. If you're using a fuse block just add the bulbs there. Lemme know if you need more info.

X2. I did the same thing. Works great. Wasted my money on a LED flasher.

Didn't get to work on my car went over to a buddies and worked on his 56 caddy........what a boat. I plan on working on it some time over the holidays will update everyone then in the mean time Merry Christmas to all of my fellow car nuts!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back