Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My First T-Bucket Build

How's that?

IMG_1896.jpg

How long is the snout on the yoke, or how much is left inside? You don't want any up, down, or sideways movement between the yoke and shaft. You may want to remove the shocks, and see how much travel you have when the rear end moves up and down also. If you have 4" left inside the tail shaft, I would be comfortable. If not get a longer yoke. You could shorten a longer one if needed. I don't remember how much spline is on the tail shaft, but I am rebuilding my trans the first of the week, and can let you know.
Lee
I just checked a stock yoke. You have about 2 1/2" maybe a bit more depending on how much shaft extends out of the tail housing. Maybe thats ok. Let others chime in on their thoughts.

Last edited:
Probably just fine. Not much suspension travel in these buckets.

Chase: I didn't want to start a sh*tstorm - just want to make sure you don't have an issue down the road. The photos made it appear like there was much more sticking out.

There's a bushimg in the tailstock , if the snout of the yoke is not fully through the bushing , then you'll have premature / excessive wear of both the yoke & the bushing plus components "upstream in the tranny. Spline engagement , unless you're really loading the driveline is not your big worry .
dave

If you look at the yoke you will see a wear "ring" about, oh, 3/8 in. (by the measuring tape) from the end of the trans. I feel that is how far it is off.

John

Moving on.... I cut out a section of my dash to install the digital gauge cluster. I mounted it behind the dash. I plan on rounding the edges that I cut when I get to the body work. Right now it's just a rough cut but you can see how it will look. It has a brown paper cover over it but it will be all black when it's off, and when the car is on the gauges will light up blue.

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

gauges.jpg

Now that's cool!

Wow, must have the ac on in the shop. It is showing 51 degrees. Send some of that to Oklahoma. Nice looking gauges.

Know what you mean. I just rebuilt my trans, again and re-installed this am. Hot, hot,hot. At least I got the tranny right this time, and have drive working like it should.
Lee

I made some new headlight mounts this weekend. I had to scrap the old ones after I made the front shock mounts since they wouldn't fit anymore. I'm glad they didn't work though because I sure like the new mounts a lot more than the old ones. I used some angle Iron and 3/4" pipe to make them. Then tapped a few holes in the frame so they are removable.

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

I like the height of them.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back