Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

More photos :DSCN1166.JPG DSCN1167.JPG DSCN1168.JPG DSCN1169.JPG I plan to remove the pop rivets one at a time & weld the holes closed. Then i'll you a hand head grinder with a flappy disc to smooth out all the welds. So , the pop rivets ( a.k.a blind rivets ) are temporary. I used 3/16" rivets with a 1/4" grip range. PS: This is one of my rear fenders ( they're about 10" wide ).

Last edited:
More progress photos:DSCN1175.JPG DSCN1176.JPG DSCN1177.JPG I have some low spots caused by the flappy sanding disc. I'll sand away the primer in those areas & add a little body filler ( BONDO ). I'll work the areas until they are level & smooth. Then , i'll re-primer the areas. Should be good then.

DSCN1178.JPG Looks like we have creative juices flowing from henrysT & oldroundfart. Both guys have great ideas. I finally finished the striker plate installation. Now i have one more change to make with my passenger's door into a driver's door conversion . I have to swap the 2 angles ( angle by the hinges & angle by the door latch ). They have to trade places with each other. These angles are on the body portion of the wheel well.

These ideas are being considered. I want to thank everyone for posting their creative ideas. Here's some fresh photos:DSCN1179.JPG DSCN1180.JPG I'm resurrecting my track nose which i purchased from Speedway Motors a few months ago. I'm going to abandon the 32 radiator shell ( with the long shark's teeth ). I'm trying for a more sedate look. These stainless steel ladles ( minus their handles ) are future spider's eyes for the track nose. I'll have to make 2 of each size to have the 4 eyes that is needed.

Last edited:
More photos of track nose :DSCN1182.JPG DSCN1183.JPG DSCN1184.JPG DSCN1185.JPG DSCN1186.JPG DSCN1187.JPG The area surrounded with blue tape is the future spider's jaws. I'll form them from 1 1/2" thick mdf ( medium density fiberboard ).

More photos :DSCN1188.JPG DSCN1190.JPG Now my 7 year old nephew wants a battle axe. The top photo is of my first glassed eye ( the large one ). Tomorrow i'll glass in the small eye. I have to repeat the process until i have 4 finished fiberglass eyes. I then have to make 2 spider's jaws ( forms from m.d.f ). I have some really cool plans for my 7 year old nephew's battle axe.

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back