Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

I finished covering my 4'x4' sunshade with 1 1/2 oz. fiberglass mat. I made a frame for it out of 1 1/2" x 1/8" perforated angle steel. I need to primer the angle steel frame then i can bolt the fiberglass covered Luan to the frame. I still need to weld 2 pairs of angle steel ( each will form a T ). The T's will be my vertical posts that will support my angle steel & Luan top ( for the shade ).I will C clamp the T shaped posts to Leroy's table top.

DSCN1212.JPG DSCN1213.JPG DSCN1214.JPG DSCN1215.JPG I did more to my driver's door conversion. The angles on the left & right side of the door well have been swapped over. Now the angles are correct for a driver's door. Remember i started with a passenger's door kit i had to switch contours from a passenger's side to a driver's side.

Last edited:
After the resin sets up , i'll flip the door over & take some photos of my 2 braces ( used to copy contours & transfer them to opposite side of the door well ).

Here's the photos i promised : DSCN1216.JPG DSCN1217.JPG DSCN1218.JPG DSCN1219.JPG I placed 1/8" spacers between the door edge & the door well opening. I mated the outer surface of the door to the outer surface of the door well. I ran a screw through the door well , the spacer & the door to hold everything in place. Then i made the 2 braces with the duplicated contours. I screwed everything together . Then i glassed in my pre positioned door well contours ( after i flipped them around ).

Attachments

• DSCN1220.JPG
    DSCN1220.JPG
    352.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Another photo of one of my braces for the driver's door conversion :DSCN1221.JPG The angle on the right end of the brace is more severe than the angle on the left end of the brace.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back