Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

Maybe he could have a microphone and when some little kid is looking at the car he could say something scary thru the speaker !

If you touch that Santa won't come see you this Xmas !

I like the black skull speaker. It's diminutive size was a turn off for me. But it started my creative juices flowing along with an over abundant supply of saliva ( DROOL ). LOL !! I remembered a supplier in Cypress.

The seller is located in Nicosia , Cyprus.s-l500.jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600.jpg The lights aren't included. The skull area has plenty of room for a speaker. I would drill several sound relief holes in the forehead. Alas , they only have one left. I would need 2. I would've installed them in the kick panels. The skulls are made of fiberglass.

Last edited:
You should contact them, they might only make small batches and only IF they have people interested.

You can make your own. This RearEndSkull was made with materials purchased from TAP plastics. I believe they have how-to videos as well.

What stall speed do you guys use in your t bucket ? I'm using a 327 sbc the gears in my diff are 340 & i'm using aluminum heads with 200 cc runners & 202 int, with 160 ext, valves. I believe my cam has a mild street grind.

I'm using a 2100 stall B&M Tork Master. My reasoning: in a car as light as mine, all I really want to do is avoid standing on the brakes at the stop lights, and my setup does that. My engine is probably comparable in HP/Torq production as yours and gives me all the acceleration I can handle. I'm using a 3.08 rear gear with 26-1/2" OD tires.

I have 3.89 rear end gears with a 3200 RPM stall converter, and my T-bucket doesn't creep at stop lights either, so go figure. I'm going to guess, without any scientific data what-so-ever, that the rear end gearing has a lot to do with what converter will work for whomever at a standstill. I say this because although some people think they have 10,000 horse power SBC's in reality all these engines (and larger ones too) produce about 45 - 50 HP and relatively equal torque at idle. I believe that sort of levels the playing field, and the real difference remains in the gearing that is allowing the idle speed low horsepower to try to turn the rear wheels. Lower gears require higher stall speeds to accomplish the same degree of not having to stand on the brake pedal at a light. Again, just idle musings, your mileage may vary.

If your ordering your converter from JEGS, SUMMIT, SPEEDWAY or wherever, give their tech people a call and ask them what they think, it couldn't hurt.

I'm guessing for you 2100-2400 stall.

Higher the stall the more heat you have to contend with.

Yeah, choice of TC is a crap shoot. Too low stall and you have to stand on brakes to keep from creeping. Too high and the TC is slipping a lot and making heat. The perfect TC would slip at idle so you don't creep and then lock up at cruise. I think there are some like that, but they are part of a tranny/TC pair; you can't just mate a lockable TC to your 350 or 400 or whatever. Sounds like a product for SEMA if any of those guys gave a damn.:devilish:

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back