Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rat Rod With 4cc

Uhhh, can I ask a question? Shucks, you all know I'm going to ask it anyway.

What's wrong with running a 4 cylinder?

[media]

8.30 @ 153 MPH? I really don't see a problem. The current records in that class are 8.11 @ 159.07.

For those of you familiar with Coan Transmissions & Torque Converters, that is Dave's son Jason driving the car. Dave is the silver-headed fellow that was backing Jason up from the burn-out.

The current records for the car in the far lane are 7.71 @ 169.34.

Seriously, some of the negative talk is a little frustrating. If a 4 cylinder is what a fellow wants to use or has to use, what's wrong with that? And quite frankly, that will be a much more unique car than a 350/350 car, if you ask me. Someone was chastising someone else about the use of the term "rat" in reference to a build. :wall: Guys, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. If a guy builds his dream and grins while he's driving it, who are we to point fingers at his choice of engines or his choice of paint schemes or his choice of wheels?

Anybody can bolt a candy/chrome/billet trailer queen together, if they have a big enough wallet.

Mike I agree completely, the main reason I would not build another car with any thing but a v8 is cost, by the time I got the parts together for my 4.3 v6 I have more money in it than I would in a big v8. That may be different in other parts of the world.

Hehe, I don't see my fat old butt rolling in or out of that one Ron posted...

As you can tell, I like 4 cylinders

welds_header012b.jpg

That appears to be the old Nova 4. They are the ancestors of the Iron Duke and I beleive most of the old Mercury Marine stuff fits them. Also, there was a time when they dominated the miget world. :rolleyes:

That appears to be the old Nova 4. They are the ancestors of the Iron Duke and I beleive most of the old Mercury Marine stuff fits them. Also, there was a time when they dominated the miget world. :rolleyes:

Their are no interchangeable parts between the 153 cu. in. chev II engine and the later model "iron duke" ... however, the mercruiser 181 is basically the same engine w/ a much better head.

dave

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back