Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tfeverfreds photo journal

tfeverfred

This is the first installment of a journal containing pics from some of my adventures with Miss Behavin'. I hope you visitors enjoy them as much as I did being able to take them. If you do or do not know me, it doesn't matter. As a hot rodder, you were with me in spirit from the beginning. I owe everything to you people.

Thanks.

Ah i so remember my first adventures with my Rat Fink last year.May the grins stay with you my friend.

Sunday morning 5-25-08

I got to the shop this morning and gave Miss Behavin' a little shine and got the bugs off her windshield. Victims of her night cruising.:toast: After a pre-drive check, I decided to go to the local Sonic for a little breakfast taco action. There's nothing like fake Mexican food in the morning. Gets the bowels ready for the day!:lol:

hanginout001.jpg

This morning, we had a small band of showers move through, but the sun came out in earnest. Nothing like hangin' out at the drive-in wiping down your hot rod. I'm finding it's the little tasks of ownership that end up being the biggest pleasures.

hanginout002.jpg

After that, I decided to roll back to where I work/build. I'm meeting the '56 T-Bird guy this afternoon and we're going to roll around Houston for a bit. On the way, I decided to use Reliant Stadium as a backdrop, since they weren't using it. Come to think of it, they don't really use it that much or well during regular home games either.:lol:

hanginout004.jpg

Looking good Fred get a pic of you sitting in it i want to see how much of you sticks up over the winder shield

Rick said:
Looking good Fred get a pic of you sitting in it i want to see how much of you sticks up over the winder shield

I'll do that. I can tell ya now though, the top edge of the windshield is just at eye level. I get a little turbulance at highway sppeds and have plans to order a pair of prescription, wrap around, driving glasses. I found a site that sells them for $150 free shipping.

tfeverfred said:
I'll do that. I can tell ya now though, the top edge of the windshield is just at eye level. I get a little turbulance at highway sppeds and have plans to order a pair of prescription, wrap around, driving glasses. I found a site that sells them for $150 free shipping.

Hey Fred can you post up the site? :toast:

Lucky Dawg ! having to much fun,,,I would like to know where you can get prescription wraparounds for 150 also .

Rick said:

Just got in and here is the pic you wanted. It my view with the camera at my eye level. The wind barely catches my eyes, but isn't that bad. Every now and then, it feels like my glasses may come off, so I'm getting the wrap arounds.

cruisin006.jpg

So where did ya end up ? and you would get better mileage by not blipping the throttle so much LOL Yeah Right !!

RocknT said:
So where did ya end up ? and you would get better mileage by not blipping the throttle so much LOL Yeah Right !!

Can't help it! I REALLY did try, but the noise is just too good for the head!:)

We drove all through downtown, a little bit of the Heights and a stretch of River Oak$. While at a light in River Oak$ ,a guy in one of those $200,000 Bentley sports cars gave us the thumbs up. I had a big smile inside due to the irony.

Rockn, I think and I'm sure others will agree, the hardest thing to do is trying to act like you're not driving something special. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't help but just freakin' smile. I would sit at a light and try to blend in and I couldn't. There is NO WAY you can fake the fact that you're in a different world. There is NO blending in. Total strangers want to chat. In traffic! At the end of our drive, we stopped at a convience store for a cold drink and to get out of the sun for a while. When I stepped out of the store, there was a guy taking pics of his son standing next to my car. I walked over and asked if he'd like to sit in it. The smile on that kids face was priceless. Then the dad wanted to get in and I obliged. Somehow, I think that kid wishes he had school tomorrow so he could show all his friends the pics and tell them the story.

It was a beautiful day and I don't mean to rant, but for all you guys who have put building a T Bucket off or are stalled on your build..... get her done! You NEED this therapy.

Cop!!

So after me and Clint parted ways after our cruise, I decided to take the long way back to work. I was at a stop light and signaled for the left turn. I looked in my mirror and noticed one of Houstons finest. No worries, I have all my paper work. Well, no sooner I make the turn and there are sirens and flashing lights!:eek:

I pull over and turn her off. Just as I turn around, he comes running up, almost in a panic. Now I am getting concerned. "Hey, don't worry, there's no trouble. Your left turn/brake light isn't working. I wouldn't want someone to ram into you." So, I checked it out and sure enough he was right. Then, he proceeded to give my car the once over. I felt like I was dictating my tech sheet for a magazine layout!:)

In the end, no ticket, not even a check to see if I did have my paperwork. Driving old cars is so cool!:lol:

Memorial Day 2008

After a quick check of my T Bucket, I set out to pay my respects to those who not only served, but paid the ultimate price for what all of have. In Herman Park, near the Medical Center, a couple exhibits had been set up. One had flags placed on a grassy hill. Each flag representd how many had given their lives for or freedom in the present "situation" we find our selves and the Afganistan Conflict.

cruisin2001.jpg

It sucks that there were so many flags.
cruisin2003.jpg

cruisin2002.jpg

But perhaps the most moving exhibit were the boots. Each pair had a name and a date. Having worn these shoes before, it was easy to be moved by the sight. So damn many.

cruisin2005.jpg

So, maybe the next time I hear someone talking crap about this country, I'll remind them that someone gave up their shoes, so they could have the freedom to walk in thiers.

Great post Fred, I remember coming home from Nam, I don't want our service people treated like that again.

"At the end of our drive, we stopped at a convience store for a cold drink and to get out of the sun for a while. When I stepped out of the store, there was a guy taking pics of his son standing next to my car. I walked over and asked if he'd like to sit in it. The smile on that kids face was priceless. Then the dad wanted to get in and I obliged. Somehow, I think that kid wishes he had school tomorrow so he could show all his friends the pics and tell them the story."

THIS is what being a buckethead is all about.

"Look but DON'T TOUCH" signs everywhere at all the car shows... I know it makes 'em all mad that I spend my day picking up kids and putting them in the seat. A lot of the car shows will give you a sign at registration. I take a Sharpie to 'em - modified - PLEASE LOOK AND TOUCH, KIDS CLIMB ON IN AND HAVE FUN! I know the children shouldn't be touching the other guys cars if that's their wishes. I'm not saying they should. BUT the look on a child's face when they sit down behind the wheel is PRICELESS. I have a few photos.

4de6.jpg

243937794_aba56af970.jpg

243937785_b65c1fb356.jpg

Now Boy's that is just plain COOOOOLLL !!!!!!!!! :clap:

One of these days I'll get a picture like that, my big fat ugly mug sitting in that B_E_A_U_T_I_F_U_L hot rod.

If you get a Tetanus shot you can sit in mine AL... LOL.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back