Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tfeverfreds photo journal

To you and the rest of the guy Fred, :toast:

Ron

Dale Earnhart Camaro Pics and a way too long video!

Today, I was cruising around and the Dale Earnhart Jr. Hot Rod Tour trailer rolled up at a light. Yhe driver told me they were getting ready to setup a display at a local wholesale joint. So, I rolled over to check it out.

This is a '69 RS/SS Camaro that Dale had made for himself. Looked like a pretty tight ride. Had a Joe Gibbs Racing SBC for motivation. The guy said it put 400HP at the rear wheels. I think he was being conservative. But then, if you were a popular NASCAR driver that's worth millions, what kind of car or cars would you own? Yea....... ALL OF THEM!:hooray:

earnhart002.jpg

earnhart005.jpg

earnhart007.jpg

earnhart009.jpg

earnhart010.jpg

Opps! Lost the video!

I just remembered this when I saw the picture of Jr's Commode. When I lived in Houston (Pasadena) in the early 70s I saw a bright red mid to late 60s Corvair at the Astrodome. The license plate read VEE 8. The owner came over as I was respectfully looking it over. He popped the hood (front) and showed a Chevy small block installation that looked like it came from the factory that way. Then he opened the trunk (rear) and that too was finished out like a factory job. Beautiful workmanship. I wonder if the car still exists.

Yeah...Jr. likes his Chebby's. That is one of the sweetest Cameros I've ever seen!

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back