Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

tfeverfred's project

Hotrod46 said:
Fred

That switch is the same one that I have. It has a single small bulb inside that is attached to the arm that is powered by the blue wire. It lights up whatever colored window it happens to be under.

You may have a bad bulb or bad ground since you said you hooked the blue wire up.

Good job BTW.

Mike

The blue wire is a ground? It's shown going to a flasher.

No the blue wire is the power wire for the bulb.

Didn't mean to confuse you. I meant the socket inside the switch may have a bad ground.

The switch case comes apart pretty easy. Seems like there are 4 phillips screws on the bottom of the case( I 'm working from memory). Don't worry, nothing should fall out if you take it apart(mine didn't fall apart at least).

That bulb is pretty small. If I decide to use the switch, I may look into putting an LED in it's place.

Mike

Hotrod46 said:
No the blue wire is the power wire for the bulb.

Didn't mean to confuse you. I meant the socket inside the switch may have a bad ground.

The switch case comes apart pretty easy. Seems like there are 4 phillips screws on the bottom of the case( I 'm working from memory). Don't worry, nothing should fall out if you take it apart(mine didn't fall apart at least).

That bulb is pretty small. If I decide to use the switch, I may look into putting an LED in it's place.

Mike

I'll give it a look see tomorrow. Thanks!

Fred

I went out to the shop and checked the switch.

There are only 2 screws that go in through the top(I said I was working from memory before and that ain't too good anymore!:D). Be careful since the nuts will fall out of the bottom cover.

The bulb has a cover that shoud just pop off.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Okay. I'll look at mine tomorrow! Thanks again!

Signal indicator mystery solved

After just now looking at the Speedway schematic, I noticed that the signal switch housing is grounded to the column. Now, Totals column is mounted to the frame by a bolt that goes through the column plate, through the body and into a wellnut that is set in the frame. A wellnut is a rubber piece that looks like a bottle stopper, except it has a nut inside. When the bolt is tightened, it pulls the rubber up to the frame and makes for a tight fitting. Being that the wellnut is rubber it was keeping the column bracket bolt from contacting the frame and making a good ground. I fixed the problem by running a short wire from the column bolt to a bolt on my master cylinder.

Problem solved. Thanks for your help, Hotrod46!:rofl:

Duke said:
Fred !!! You are almost an electrican :rofl:

I just had a great instructor.

I order my windshield from CCR tomorrow and since it's coming from California, it should be here by next Thursday or Friday. My neighbor knows a glass guy who will cut the glass and fit it in the frame for $40.

Next week is going to be a long week. I hate waiting for the brown truck, but at least the UPS girl is a dish.;)

Sometimes, like this afternoon, I sit and look at my bucket and it still hasn't really sunk in that she's almost ready for the road. In fact, I actually miss the days of looking at a bare frame and daydreaming about this moment. The build became such an important thing for me. Doing reasearch and asking advice became a type of food for my body and mind. Not to mention all the great relationships I have developed with guys all over the staes and other countries. Sometimes I get carried away and I'm sure my enthusiasm can be an annoyance to some, but once I get into something with a passion and purpose, I get ALL the way in. So, thanks for bearing with me and I appoligise ahead of time for NEVER shutting it down.

Someone recently wrote me that I won't be hanging out on the forum that much when she's on the road, but that will never happen. I'm having way too much fun. I'm sure you guys will get tired of me posting every little adventure I encounter, so I'll try and keep them to a minimum. Besides, after all the little quirks are fixed that will surely pop up, I intend to set my sights on starting something this winter. There's a Model T Speedster rolling around in my head and I think I can pull it off on a really low budget.

So, all you fabbers get your tools and welding gear checked out for this winter. I'm going to be looking for a frame and other pieces to be fabbed up.

This is what I have in mind:

speedster1.jpg

Picture mine in red, 4 cylinder for motivation and as much gennie stuff I can scrap up. Miss Behavin's mama.... Miss Fortune! Coming this winter (hopefully) to a forum near you!:lol:

In the picture you posted, the three cars are T's. The one in the back probably has a flathead T 4 cyl. in it. The next two are most likely overhead conversions on A T block. If you are looking to build this type of car on the cheap, you want to start with a running T chassis and add the body. On the nwvs site there is a tech tab that shows frame mods or you can just go with a stock frame. Most every part of the country has a Model T club in it. Check with them. You might be suprised what turns up.

Ron

Youngster said:
In the picture you posted, the three cars are T's. The one in the back probably has a flathead T 4 cyl. in it. The next two are most likely overhead conversions on A T block. If you are looking to build this type of car on the cheap, you want to start with a running T chassis and add the body. On the nwvs site there is a tech tab that shows frame mods or you can just go with a stock frame. Most every part of the country has a Model T club in it. Check with them. You might be suprised what turns up.

Ron

I'm on it! I've been playing with this for a while. I really think one could be done on the cheap. Heck, having a frame made or making one would be nothing.

A car built to resemble on of those with a few (?) updates would be really neat.

Mmmm...let's see... what's his name has that S-10 sittin' out in the grove...did that have a 5-speed? ...Some one must have a Model A front end...already have the '29 headlights... Where did I put those.................................

See how my mind works. This always gets me in trouble.

Ron

That's my kind of trouble, Yougster. I hope to start getting into trouble around October12. That's Miss Behavin's birthday. During the summer, in between having fun, I'm going to hit the swap meets for odds and ends.

This IS going to happen. I've got a nice price of $1,200 on a rebuilt Pinto motor with a 3 year warranty or I'll just get the block and build it up myself. I wanna do it all Ford. Lord help the world if I stumble upon a Pinto that runs!!:laff: I'll snatch the whole drive train.

Ya gotta admire this guys spirit!

Ron

Youngster said:

Ron

He's scratching the itch big time. :laff:

Youngster said:

Ron

I think he was bitten REAL hard by the bug, he definitly lives up to his handle T"FEVER" fred.:laff:

I think you're right Yogi. There ain't no turnin' back now. He went down hard!

Ron

If you can't find a Pinto, maybe you can find an old Ranger.

:lol:Awwww... come on, fellas! Did you guys think to stop after your first one?:razz: You know how it is... ones too much and two is not enough!:lol: It's a safe addiction..... well, my wallet says different.:lol:

In other news:rolleyes:, my windshield frame assembly should be here around Wednesday. A friend of a friend is going to do the glass for me. So, with any luck, this time next week, she'll be showing her final look. I expect you guys to be on your best behavior. She is, after all, a lady.;)
miss_behavin0003a.jpg

A lady with a wardrobe problem, but still a lady.:lol:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back