Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

tfeverfred's project

I don't see a single thing wrong with her wardrobe!! She dose look like a high maintainence lady though.

Ron

Score!

...and I'm NOT talking about the UPS girl!:rolleyes: I called Mikey from the NTBA to see if he might have a nice, cheap set of gauges I could buy from him. Well, he didn't, but he did have one of these!

suntach007.jpg

Yup! A vintage Sun tachometer! Here it is shown taking the place of the plastic, "Made in Taiwan" tach I had gotten from the auto parts store.

Cool tach update

So, I get my gal and she hasn't seen the T in a while. The first thing she says is, "That round thing makes it look cluttered." :eek: I explained to her the significance of the tach and so forth, but the more she pointed it out, the more she kinda made sense. She say's I'm losing my focus? She says it is a simple car and shouldn't have a lot of "babbles"! What the heck!? She knows nothing of hot rods! How dare she!?

So, I added a disconnect after I took her home. Maybe she's right, but guys, I dig that tach and now I'll be able to change the look of my interior so it won't look so....... "cluttered"?:rolleyes:

Women.

Looks good Fred I like the old tach. :cool: With my car I tell the wife thanks for the input, but its my car. :rolleyes:

VegasBruce said:
Looks good Fred I like the old tach. :cool: With my car I tell the wife thanks for the input, but its my car. :rolleyes:

I agree, Bruce, but she did remind me that I tend to get carried away and stray from my target. Sometimes when I'm between doing things or waiting for parts to come, I get bored and begin to tinker. This leads me to over doing things and straying from what I really want. After I took the tach off, I looked at my interior for a while and while the tach is a nice piece, it does kind of over do the simplicity I was looking for. So, I'll use the disconnect I got and have the option of adding it when I get the mood. I may even fiure out a way to mount it in the dash.

Re: Cool tach update

tfeverfred said:
... I dig that tach and now I'll be able to change the look of my interior so it won't look so....... "cluttered"?...

I am thinking of putting the tach on my cowl. In the past muscle cars I've had it's always been on the column, but I always thought it looked cool on the outside.

You can tell the G/F it's a tradition thing....she wouldn't understand!:rolleyes:

Question: Do guys think girls in glasses are hot?

Ron

Youngster said:

Ron

Well, yes I do. :cool:

Youngster said:

Ron

Just something else to remove, so I say yes!:D

You betcha if that's all they have on

Gauges

Well, RPM made me a generous offer on a set of gauges tonight, which I accepted. With my windhield coming this week and now the gauges, Miss Behavin' could be done sooner than expected.:D

They are SunPro mechanicals and while I was planning to use electric gauges, a penny saved is the continuing story of my build.:D Pics when they get here.

Re: Gauges

Hey Fred, you changed your sig line. Did mis Behavin' get her glasses? :cool:

VegasBruce said:
Hey Fred, you changed your sig line. Did mis Behavin' get her glasses? :cool:

No, should be here Wednesday. I'm just contemplating what to do after my T is done. The paradox of having had a dream for so long and then seeing it come to an end. Happy ending, but an end just the same. I'm already missing the days when I had stuff to do and questions to ask. Worrying if what I did would work. Feeling happy when stuff I did for the first time worked. Fixing stuff I screwed up. There's a lot of emotion involved with this stuff or maybe I just really dig hot rods too much. I'm not sure, but I do know that I enjoy the high.

Probably sounds kinda sappy, but a whole lot of me went into this and I don't want it to end. Kinda gave me an extra purpose. So, I think about the next one and how I can do it better. I'm hooked and don't want the cure, man. Funny, thinking about the next one isn't better than dreaming of the first one. Ya know?

I understand completly, after I get Becky finished my wife wants her own bucket. She wants to drive mine but she doesn't because it was something that I built with my dad, so instead of driving she wants her own.

OT, where did you get the stickers of your lady? Did you have them made or where they something you found?

Fred if you think your DONE with your build or will ever be done you've been sniffing to many fumes my friend.SHE will NEVER be done you will always change this or try that.Trust me on that one.I'm not ragging you Bro it's just a fact.

Rick said:
Fred if you think your DONE with your build or will ever be done you've been sniffing to many fumes my friend.SHE will NEVER be done you will always change this or try that.Trust me on that one.I'm not ragging you Bro it's just a fact.

Yea, I know what you mean. When I say done, I mean road ready. Sometimes I reflect on how it used to be in the beginning of the build. All the planning and stuff.

I know she'll never really be done, but I sure do miss having a long way to go. I don't know if that makes sence or not. Sorry.

Fred...I think it's safe to say that you're incurable. That's OK my friend, we all are here, you just have to go to the back of the line.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back