Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The IGOR

pppppp.jpg

Up date. so i was sitting in the bucket the other day and noticed that my head sits way to far over the back of the car. so to make things better.....i hope! ...i decided to shop the back off and raise it up 2 1/2 inches. and this is what it looked like lol

IMAG2012.jpg

And this is what it looks like ruffed in. lots more sanding and body work to be done on it but so far so good.

IMAG2010.jpg

sorry the pic is bad the camera was about to die . ........looks ruff but it will look better soon. also since i have to figure out the door issue i have i need to try and find measurements ... since the body has no floor or firewall or dash it sways out of shape when i move it. before i wood it i need to make sure its straight .any suggestions ? measurements on a channeled floor plan ? and door jam ? as it sits now the door jam is 17 inches from inside to inside . hope that is close to rite lol

IMAG2038.jpg

ok so here is the aftermath of getting rid of the bad job reinforcing the turtle deck. I think the turtle deck was a speedway buy.. the huge clone plug you see in the picture is what popped out when i pried on the inner foam they had installed. plus custom side panels and all sorts of crap came out!

also had the body out today block sanding it smooth :)

IMAG2041.jpg

Here is the deck without all the extra "padding" lol the hinges on the deck lid are some sort of cabinet hinge. as is the handle. with a little clean up and lots of sanding it will be like new again. also new hardware is in the works as well :)

on another note! i ordered my new coilovers from RPM today and i cant wait to get them lol. real nice and helpful guy!

Here is a picture of how I hinged the lid on my turtle deck. Perhaps it'll give you some ideas.

IMG_0799.jpg

Jim

sweet ! where is that deck from? it has the lower lip that makes it taller than the normal speedway deck and thats what i like. i was thinking about making a lip for mine but i think a new one would look and fit better

sweet ! where is that deck from? it has the lower lip that makes it taller than the normal speedway deck and thats what i like. i was thinking about making a lip for mine but i think a new one would look and fit better

Have you looked at CCR's Sportdeck?

Exjunk ! do you still have the mold you used to make your deck?! and if so would you make another deck ?????!!!!! i have had the same problem trying to find a decent deck for the back end...so much so that it might be a deckless t bucket! guess i am not sure yet on what i need to do but i hope i figure it out soon lol.

also on a side note. my friend Pat came to my shop today and dropped off a set of vintage steel bomber seats! they have a lever for seat adjustment and all lol. i will take pictures in the morning.

IMAG2048.jpg

found this pic in my phone and thought i would share it. 3's company lol. my t bucket frame set up ...and a slight shot of my friend Pats yellow T and another one he was building for a friend. next time i am down ill ask if i can snap a pic of his yellow bucket. all custom built by Pat and it looks fantastic ! he is who is helping me along with my build and i would not have it any other way ! :)

yes it looks good thats for sure! i think for me the extra curve going on in it wont work with the rest of the body lines i have going on my project .

View attachment 6606

sorry the pic is bad the camera was about to die . ........looks ruff but it will look better soon. also since i have to figure out the door issue i have i need to try and find measurements ... since the body has no floor or firewall or dash it sways out of shape when i move it. before i wood it i need to make sure its straight .any suggestions ? measurements on a channeled floor plan ? and door jam ? as it sits now the door jam is 17 inches from inside to inside . hope that is close to rite lol

My floor is channeled level with the bottom of the door my door is just about 17 inchesImageUploadedByTapatalk1339749322.709310.jpg

IMAG2093.jpg

Just got my new coilovers from RPM today! they are beautiful !!! fast shipping and great guy to do bizz with ! cant wait to get em on the bucket :)

My floor is channeled level with the bottom of the door my door is just about 17 inchesView attachment 6624
This car is one of my favourites! it has a few things that i am going to try with my T. the suicide style door, the channeld body ,the low sitting bomber style seats. and a low profile. i will be using the original turtle deck .....however i have cut it in half and have made it 2 inches wider ! and about 6/8 inches taller . so that the deck lines up with the buckets lower half. i hope it works lol

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back