Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

White T II

Adding 2 more layers that are approx. 3" tall to the top of the verticals so the end product will be 1/2" thick at the top edge.

112733_re.jpg 101534_re.jpg

Here are the two pieces glued and screwed together. Now it just needs some final trimming to size. I probably should have mentioned before this that the whole idea here is to create something that I can easily lift out and upholster on the bench. It will also be nice to have it removable in case there is wiring or something behind it that needs to be fixed, or in the future when the upholstery gets faded and needs replacement.

150251_re.jpg

Last edited:
I am impressed. My first car had snaps around the outside that held the interior in. When I washed the car I removed the interior to it dry. I liked that feature. Oh! On top of that i’m totally stealing your door edge brace design! Lol

Looking good. That should make a solid base for the upholstery material! Did you raid the spring clamp store? Holy crap. I thought I had a lot of clamps. You put me to shame!

Well what do you know, the seats actually fit. They are 16 1/2" wide inside the aluminum, hope that is enough. They will eventually get 3" foam on the bottom and about 2" on the back, maybe 1 1/2". The passenger seat will be fixed, the driver's seat is on sliders. I got tired of trying to put just enough foam in the back of a bench seat to make everyone happy, now the seat is adjustable and can be slid anywhere.

162938_re.jpg 162957_re.jpg

I got tired of trying to put just enough foam in the back of a bench seat to make everyone happy,
Who is everyone ? How many people are going to drive this TBucket ?

I can see making your wife (she has her own TB), son or daughter happy, but how
far out do you expect to make everyone happy ?

When we were younger and skinnier, my wife and fit nicely in the standard width bucket. As we aged and grew, not so much! She would reluctantly ride with me until one time we ran out of gas. My fault. That was the last time she rode. Any other time I asked, she told me she would stay home and sit by the phone in case I broke down! Good way for her to get out of joining me. I didn't mind so much. The bucket is loud, windy and a bit rough riding. When she was along I had to drive more normally. Now she has passed, so it's not an issue anymore.

Who is everyone ? How many people are going to drive this TBucket ?
This will be primarily my wife's T-bucket as it replaces her old one, but all of our T's get driven by other people from time to time. For example, the Blue T was originally for the kids to drive, but now that they are grown and have their own families it gets lent to friends more than driven by us. Nevertheless I suppose "everyone" was a bit of an exaggeration.

I'm building mine to accommodate two people since it's a two passenger vehicle. These vehicles are all built according to the builder's individual taste. I however ; remain open to anyone's suggestions ( they might have a much better way ). Something that never entered my mind. This forum is a source of creative thoughts being shared between forum members.

Last edited:
I have been working on the interior, but decided to take a break and work on the seats. Nothing is upholstered yet, but I do have them mounted. The driver's seat slides front-to-back, and the passenger seat tilts forward so I can put the fuses and stuff underneath. I made a frame to hold everything and it has through-bolts that get a nut on the underside of the body. The last pic is of the bottom side of the seats.

110427_re.jpg 110444_re.jpg 110838_re.jpg 111013_re.jpg 122536_re.jpg 122601_re.jpg 122751_re.jpg

Nice.

165219_re.jpg 110437_re.jpg 111016_re.jpg

For doing upholstery, when I want a permanent bond I use one of the two glues above. I can't tell the difference between them as far as looks or performance, and both are somewhat expensive. Nevertheless, they work, and I really hate doing things twice. The gun is a Harbor Freight cheapie, I have had it for about 6 - 8 years now and it has never been cleaned. When I am done using it I simply take the air cap off and put it in the jar of lacquer thinner, fill the gun up with contact cement and put a little wood dowel in the vent tube. It may sit like this for a year or more, but always sprays correctly by just putting the air cap back on and removing the dowel.

I got some of the Landau adhesive after seeing some upholstery videos. They say it's the best.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back