Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

10 Years, almost

PaulR

It runs, moves under it's own power! Almost 10 years in the making.
All the electrics worked as well. That was a pleasant surprise. I'm not electrical inclined ed.

I'll see if I can post a short video my wife took of its first drive. Well, no video, the file is too large.
Here is a picture or 2.

PaulR20170818_163057 (800x600).jpg 20170818_163044 (800x600).jpg 20170818_163008 (800x600).jpg ...

WOW! Congratulations, Paul! Looks real cool, man. Makes me remember when you came out to see mine. You deserve a pat on the back for following through!;):D

WOW! Congratulations, Paul! Looks real cool, man. Makes me remember when you came out to see mine. You deserve a pat on the back for following through!;):D

Fred,

Thanks man. The ride in yours is still longer than mine has gone. There are some things I still need to finish. The interior and paint. I have to tune it better and what else, get it legal with DPS and the great state of Texas.
You will be there too in no time. Keep moving forward.

Thanks. It is not completely done, but close enough to move it around on its own.

PaulR

Time to drive it like its stolen, then?;)

"Why yes officer, I stole this car. It only took me ten years to do it. I'm very careful in my thievery."
My only advice - acceleration runs on local empty roads. Just to see how it drives.

John

Congrats I know how you feel taking it for the first time down the road. Nothing comes close to that first run. Enjoy you earned it.

Hey, Paul, do you have an interior shot? I'd like to see where you shifter ended up.

Is it inspected and titled yet?

Looks great. My current project which is in my avatar ; is 7.5 years old. I still haven't heard the engine run. My next project ( t bucket ) still has parts coming in from different sources.

Hey, Paul, do you have an interior shot? I'd like to see where you shifter ended up.
I will get you one. Might take a little bit. I need to move mine over time the driver side or go with a cable instead of a rod type linkage. It is real hard to shift.

PaulR

Ok here is an update.... the tbucket did move on it own, All of about 4 feet in the driveway. It had an oil leak that I thought was just a bad seal. In finding out that it was the wrong size oil pan gasket (needed the thick one instead of the thin one) while draining thè oil I found water in it. When all was said and done I had a chocolate shake for oil. Not good. Took the intake off, no leaking gaskets. Decided to pull the heads, the first head bolt I went to loosen I almost threw the wrench across the garage. It was not tight at all. As soon as it turned the milkshake came out from under the bolt.
Long story short, pulled both heads cleaned all threads, new bolt sealer, gaskets and torqued all bolts to spec.
New oil pan gasket (Fel-Pro one piece) this time.

Cranked it up today and drove around the block. I have to stand on the brakes to keep it from moving. It still needz to be tuned up a lot better.

But it was fun just to go around the block.

I hope to get it titled and registered in the next couple of months. I'll try and post a video of its maiden drive soon as I can.

Thanks for all of the compliments and help when I asked questions.

PaulR

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back