Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

2x4 carb setup

t-4-2

:eek:I am going to try and install a Weiand 9.65 inch tunnel ram with 2 Edelbrock 500 cfm carbs. I need help with the carb setup, I understand they should match. Anybody out there with setup info or how to match the carbs so it runs half way decent, it sure would be appreciated. By the way, the engine is a 383 Stroker, 410 hp with a very rough cam. I am sure I left something out, so please steer me in the right direction. Thanks to all.

I am running 2 450 holleys on a weind tunnel ram. everybody tells me to have one of the carbs open a little before the other and they will run fine, if you open both at the same time at low engine speeds you will feel a bogg. i have a 350 with a 504 lift cam 1800 stall, still they say i feel a bogg unless i rev her up

Both my dad and I have dual 500 edelbrocks on dual quad manifolds. We are both running edelbrocks progressive linkage which allows you to adjust when the the front carb kicks in. He had this set up on a 425 hp 383 SBC, and it worked great without any hesitation. I have yet to fire mine up (very soon!!!!) and I imagine that I will have to set the linkage up to almost completely run on the back carb as it is a 325 hp (est) 306 SBF.

Summit Racing has them for about 50 bucks. Edelbrock 7094 - Edelbrock Throttle Linkage Kits - summitracing.com

benT said:
Both my dad and I have dual 500 edelbrocks on dual quad manifolds. We are both running edelbrocks progressive linkage which allows you to adjust when the the front carb kicks in. He had this set up on a 425 hp 383 SBC, and it worked great without any hesitation. I have yet to fire mine up (very soon!!!!) and I imagine that I will have to set the linkage up to almost completely run on the back carb as it is a 325 hp (est) 306 SBF.

Summit Racing has them for about 50 bucks. Edelbrock 7094 - Edelbrock Throttle Linkage Kits - summitracing.com
Thanks for the info, I think I will try to do the same:D

I have 2x4 setup on 475 BBC using 2 500 Edelbrocks on Wiend tunnelram. Work great right out the box. As for the linkage I made it out shotgun aluminum cleaning rod then drilled and tapped the ends for rod ends. Only thing is both my carbs open at the same time because of the style of the top plate. Front carb can't feed gas to back 4 cylinders. Progressive linkage didn't work.

Thanks for the info, I think I am going to go with just operating off of the rear carb. I will adjust the linkage and see how it works. I have heard both pro and con, I will find out. Thanks again

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back