Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Best Forum

I was a supporting member before it he site changed, I have never been able to post direct, maybe it was just a change that happened to the site? I think it would be advantageous to the site if it was easier to post pics. I don't do it for atta boys, or the like, it's just easier to get your point across with pics, imho.

I agree about having pics. Seeing pics from other builds helps me alot. Being new to this hobby I need all the help I can get and pics are worth a 1000 words. So keep the pics coming.

I use pics and drawings for everything. I'm a visual minded person.

Reactions: RPM
Well said Fred. When I saw the pix of Miss Behavin' I had forgotten it was 2006 I was watching your build. I'm just outside Okc if you need anything I can help you with all you need to do is holler!

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Sounds like I might think very hard about opening another forum for cars other than tbuckets. I will do some research and get with my IT guy. I know we have more than enough space on our server for this forum and plenty more. T

I'd check it out. My first love is T Buckets, but I have a soft spot for Muscle cars, as that's what I owned before I got into T Buckets. I guess I just like a well done ride, regardless of make or model. Keep us posted.

I always liked the poor mans builds. Nothing wrong with show cars, etc, but I relate more to cars that I could actually afford to buy, build, and actually drive and enjoy. I love the '50's through the mid '70's era American cars, that's what I grew up with and have fond memories of. Basically anything with a v8, big tires, and could get me in trouble, lol... I have a desire to do a willies coup....

I always liked the poor mans builds. Nothing wrong with show cars, etc, but I relate more to cars that I could actually afford to buy, build, and actually drive and enjoy. I love the '50's through the mid '70's era American cars, that's what I grew up with and have fond memories of. Basically anything with a v8, big tires, and could get me in trouble, lol... I have a desire to do a willies coup....

I agree. We went to a cruise last weekend and this guy came over drooling all over my T. And my T is not nice, its cool and fun, but not nice. Thats what I like. I like seeing the craftsmanship not all the glitter.I'm not knocking the show type cars, I'm just saying its not for me. Have y'all seen the race of gentlemen yet? check it out on You Tube. Thats the kind of stuff I really like.

When I used to go to shows, I can honestly say, I'd get an idea or admire at least one thing on just about every car I saw. So, having a site with a mix of builds would do well. Hell, I walk through the plumbing section at Lowe's and get ideas. I used a piece of cut down galvanized pipe to make spacers on my front shock mounts.:D

Whoa! I think I may have ATDD. Attention To Detail Disorder.:D

I agree. We went to a cruise last weekend and this guy came over drooling all over my T. And my T is not nice, its cool and fun, but not nice. Thats what I like. I like seeing the craftsmanship not all the glitter.I'm not knocking the show type cars, I'm just saying its not for me. Have y'all seen the race of gentlemen yet? check it out on You Tube. Thats the kind of stuff I really like

That's why I say I'm a rough carpenter and not a finish carpenter. Safety first--dependable second--- looks last.

I looked at members who say they have photo loading capability, and it appears being a supporting member is the common denominator. Maybe it's "pay to play". Might be something Mike installed, some time ago. Or not.

I still don't understand why being able to post pictures would make a site better. Yea, it's a great ego boost seeing your car on the internet and pics do a great job at clarifying a post, but there has to be more to it than that.

You don't understand why pics are important?
Perhaps because reading 10 paragraphs to get the point of a post is just as boring as writing the 10 paragraphs was in the first place!
It has nothing to do with ego - not for me anyway - but I like helping others with problems they might be having and often times SEEING a picture of the problem makes helping much easier.
Being able to post a pic to give a different perspective on that problem can often help the person having issues far more than a bunch of words.

"and pics do a great job at clarifying a post,"

By the sound of that you actually do understand...and I don't see why there has to be more to it at all.
That one thought is more than enough!

You don't understand why pics are important?
Perhaps because reading 10 paragraphs to get the point of a post is just as boring as writing the 10 paragraphs was in the first place!
It has nothing to do with ego - not for me anyway - but I like helping others with problems they might be having and often times SEEING a picture of the problem makes helping much easier.
Being able to post a pic to give a different perspective on that problem can often help the person having issues far more than a bunch of words.

"and pics do a great job at clarifying a post,"

By the sound of that you actually do understand...and I don't see why there has to be more to it at all.
That one thought is more than enough!

Hacker, read what I wrote. "I still don't understand why being able to post pictures would make a site better." I didn't say they weren't important. I said they're not what makes a site better. PARTICIPATION is what makes it better. THAT was my point. Someone can post a 100 pics, but if no one responds or comments, what good are they?

PICS DO A GREAT JOB OF CLARIFYING A POST! But only if other members use them and respond accordingly.

And the next time you decide to crawl on a soap box, get your shit straight. You've been here 4 years and looking at your post count, 178, you're what's called a LURKER, instead of a participant. The last time you posted ANYTHING was last Saturday? But you pop in now having misread a comment? Do us all a favor and join in a little more.

Last edited:
I see you logged off rather than respond. You forgot these.

OK,
I just to be clear here, I think your all correct.
In one perspective I have been "Lurcking" here for years, doesn't make you a bad person...lol
It wasn't until I had an opportunity to start my build (that was already botched) that I joined up to add my 2 cents and contribute.
One of the main reasons I joined in the first place was because of all the great info from previous posters (participation).
The second reason I joined was because of the damn pictures.
You guys might not now but if your not logged in as a member all of the pictures are just thumbnails that you can't make out, so you can't actually see them well.
And to be honest, if I could have seen all the pics full size to help me out.. its hard to say.
But the main reason I joined up is because in this forum, unlike other forums guys were just here to help and not give other guys a hard time.

Fred...your response is unfortunately typical of you.
But, your points actually reinforce my take on it all. Thanks!

Perhaps people would participate more, if given the tools to do so, and the ability to easily post pictures is a big thing right now as people EXPECT that ability.

I expect that ability...and as a result I don't post nearly as much as I might...if given that ability.

btw...I logged off because I sleep! LoL

I use Photobucket to post my pictures and find it very easy to use. The pictures are large and show detail very well.

Jim

It seems the owners/admins of this forum should have an online meeting and show the people of this forum how to post pictures. I have noticed one (ex junk) and maybe 2 moderators try and help but none of management of this forum has shed any light on this subject. This seems to be a big problem and seems like they are just trying to let it go away. I think it is wrong if people that don't make a donation can't have all the options and functions as others. This is a public forum and not a subscription based site. I hope this gets addressed and if not I will happily asset and have an online demo of a few ways I know how to post images to this forum but really hope the management comes through on this site. When the site went down, Ron and I was working on getting it back up and Spirit offered numerous times to house the forum on our server at no cost to the forum and also so everyone that used the forum didn't have to make a donation or feel they had to make a donation to use the forum and as you can see that didn't happen.

It seems the owners/admins of this forum should have an online meeting and show the people of this forum how to post pictures. I have noticed one (ex junk) and maybe 2 moderators try and help but none of management of this forum has shed any light on this subject. This seems to be a big problem and seems like they are just trying to let it go away. I think it is wrong if people that don't make a donation can't have all the options and functions as others. This is a public forum and not a subscription based site. I hope this gets addressed and if not I will happily asset and have an online demo of a few ways I know how to post images to this forum but really hope the management comes through on this site. When the site went down, Ron and I was working on getting it back up and Spirit offered numerous times to house the forum on our server at no cost to the forum and also so everyone that used the forum didn't have to make a donation or feel they had to make a donation to use the forum and as you can see that didn't happen.
Polite sour grapes IMO
dave

Here it's , take pics , transfer to computer , transfer to photo bucket , transfer to site ....FB ...take pic , open gallery , post pic ...simple for even me...
dave

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back