Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Black Dahlia"

Gonna plan out brake line routing this weekend.

Are you going to use the "new' easy form line? Can't remember what it is called right now.

Nicopp (sp)? Yes. I've seen and read good reports on it. Seems like the way to go. A little more expensive, but just as good or better than stainless and easier to bend.

Just....... wow. Today was one of those days, where you wish you could crawl back into bed, go to sleep and hope it changes when you get up. Keep in mind, this was my day off. A day for relaxing. First, I took a shower, but when I went to cut the water off, the hot water stayed on. So, I had to find the main cut off and cut the water off. Spent an hour removing the worn out valve and another hour replacing it. Then, I checked my bank account and only 2 days of pay had showed up in my account! I get dressed to go to work to get things sorted out and had a flat tire! Luckily, I live in a full on shop, so plugging it didn't take that long. I went to work and spent 2 hours with HR proving I had been at work the missing 3 days! They say it'll be 3 days to cut me a check.

I had to do laundry and made a trip to the store to get laundry soap. Tossed the bag into the back seat and went to the laundri-mat. Upon arrival, some how, the top had popped off the jug of laundry soap! Went back to the store for more soap. I did my laundry and spent an hour getting the soap out of the back seat. By now, my day off is over half way over. I finally get home, to relax and NO INTERNET! Took 3 hours for the cable guys to come out and fix the issue.

But, after all that, there was a light at the end of the tunnel. I get home, sat down and just stared at my project. My land lord comes over and asks what's up. I tell him, "Nothing. It's all better now."

I feel it.
I have been doing some staring after dealing with crap for weeks.
But I think I have most of the Must Do's, Honey do's, and Need to Do's, out of the way for one solid day in the garage tomorrow.

Whoa, what a day! Guess I was lucky. Only had to go under house to fix a leaking water pipe. Not the way you want to spend your day off for sure.

There was another shining light, but I don't want to jinx it. When and if it arrives, it'll move my build 3 steps forward.;)

Well, Fred . . . at least you got that stuff behind you! Rainbows and unicorns for the foreseeable future, right?o_O:cautious::D

Well, Fred . . . at least you got that stuff behind you! Rainbows and unicorns for the foreseeable future, right?o_O:cautious::D

Yea, I think we all have had days like that. Sometimes, the best and only thing to do is let it run it's course. But that crap yesterday was epic.

Yea, hope so. I just got done taping my brake line tabs where I'd like them to go on the frame rail. But I won't drill the holes for them, until I get everything to do the job. Not sure when that'll be yet. I just like to keep busy.

Brake line tabs in place.

full

full

Looking good, Fred. Are you going to flare the lines yourself, or buy the pre-flared lines? I used the latter, 'cuz I'm gifted at creating leaks!!!:confused::laugh:

I was at a friends shop yesterday and he was making brake lines with one of those leaver systems and it takes about 15 seconds to make a factory looking flair. It cost about $150 but I think I will bite the bullet when I get to that point. Been using my Snap On unit for years with good results but my hands are getting whimpy in my old age!

Looking good, Fred. Are you going to flare the lines yourself, or buy the pre-flared lines? I used the latter, 'cuz I'm gifted at creating leaks!!!:confused::laugh:

I'm going to use Nicopp lines and I'll flare them myself.

Not much to report, except that a member on the HAMB donated some parts for my build. They have not arrived yet and while I have pics, I won't post them until they arrive. He requested that I not mention his name, so I won't. But I can say these parts will shave about $300 and a month off my time to roller status! Stay tuned.

I recently replaced all my brake hard lines with nicopp. It was very easy to bend - most bends I was able to make by hand and they didn't kink. Also very easy to flare - I used AN fittings throughout but double 45 flares would be very easy to make with this material. One very small leak that was corrected with slightly tightening the fitting. It is more expensive than steel line but well worth it for ease of installation.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back