Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

C-cab build

Thanks guys, as everyone knows it's encouraging to get positive feedback. To Ted Brown, I'm glad you can see the Dan Wood's influence, it was the restoration of his Ice Truck that inspired me to build my C-cab, I'm just blown away with the Ice Truck, Milk Truck, Pizza Wagon and the Roach Coach, to think they were in the early 70's just awesome. I have borrowed some design aspects but have tried to make it have it's own identity. It will be called, The Black Mariah, and have a look of a Police van, well that's the idea at the moment. Also thanks Ron for posting the pics. Fibreglassing soon wish me luck, regards Phantom

Phantom is hard at work, more photos....I want the gauges for my ride.............ruggs
IMG_1412-1.jpg
IMG_1411-1.jpg
IMG_1410.jpg
IMG_1408-1.jpg
IMG_1403-1.jpg
IMG_1400-1.jpg
IMG_1413.jpg

Missed the gauge photo. Phantom has some ambition...thats alot of block sanding........ruggs
IMG_1368.jpg

OMG :jawdrop: That is a lot of sanding !!!!!!! But looks BadAss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great looking build i hope you had good ventilation with all that fiberglass other wise the lines will start looking a little wavy.

I loved the old Ice Truck and Milk Truck, and that old Fire Tuck C Cab... all of those C Cabs from the late '60s / early '70s.

C Cabs got my attention first, then I saw a bucket and went crazy.

Still want to build some kind of C Cab though.

This one if simply FANTASTIC.

That is a LOT of work and time. I hope people appreciate what you have put into it. Most dont.

I cant wait to see it finished. By your time scale that would be in around 12 weeks time???

Gerry

Well as you can see most of the fiberglassing is done, took a couple of days, I put 5 layers of matting on, so it should be strong enough, I then ran the 6" sander over it all to knock off the high spots, then mixed up some body filler (bog) and covered it, I'm in the process now of blocking it back, taking off the main lot with vibrating sander and speed file. I did get some spray bog but I dont think I'll use it, I've got some hi-fill 2 pac primer which I think I'll spray over instead, as it seems to be coming up alright. I am leaving in the plywood buck in. Plan to take the body off the chassis next week so I can turn it over to finish glassing underneath the sill section. Fiberglass is a fantastic medium to work with, and yes the fumes are something, but the itching from the fibers is the real downer, I did receive advise on how to minamise that, but in the thrill of the moment forgot all about it. Well had better get back to it...regards Phantom

Back in the Day, when I was doing a ton of fiberglass work on Corvettes, the itch was stopped at night when I got home, my Wife would rinse me down in the shower with Milk, that would take away all the glass fibers and rinse them down the drain, then I took a regular shower after that... Sure helped me sleep at night...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back