Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Chevy inline 6 motor mounts

Well ,finally some progress,bought these motor mounts from Chassis Engineering,they wernt long enough,3/4in short when i installed them,so i found a waterjet place ,and they cut me spacers,3/8 in. thick,to mount between the motor mount and block,perfect.!!!!!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    450.5 KB · Views: 103
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    409.8 KB · Views: 101
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    410.5 KB · Views: 101
more pics,got the steering setup,i tacked the steering box bracket,with my new Miller 211..wha-hoo..!!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    349.2 KB · Views: 105
more pics

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    362.6 KB · Views: 101
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    427.9 KB · Views: 103
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 105
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    444 KB · Views: 103
Things look to be coming together nicely. I take it you like your new Miller 211. Good to know. I'm in the market for a new welder as well.

thanks,yes ,so far.not had much use of it yet,just got it last week,when i went to look up something on Miller's web site,saw they had a rebate sale going on,15% ,dang it..just my luck

back at it again after a lull of sorts
anyone put a metal framework of sorts in the cowl area to mount steering drop for column

I ran a piece of 3/4" square tubing along the lower edge of the dash with "legs" on either side of the body that were then welded to some 3/16" plates that reach over the frame rail. Those plates were than drilled for body mounting bolts to the frame. I also glassed the square tubing to the lower edge of the dash. With this set up you'll have a very stout mount that is virtually unseen.

Jim

they look good,im checkin out CE mounts,they look like they will work,i have to call them
I like your choice of motors, great pics! These little babys always draw alot of attention when they're fixed up nice You can rev them to 6000 rpms, alot of go fast goodys can be had, they make good power and are simple to work on, to boot. Reliable as a rock! Just put in a Pertronix Electronic ign. and your good for a lifetime.

I ran a piece of 3/4" square tubing along the lower edge of the dash with "legs" on either side of the body that were then welded to some 3/16" plates that reach over the frame rail. Those plates were than drilled for body mounting bolts to the frame. I also glassed the square tubing to the lower edge of the dash. With this set up you'll have a very stout mount that is virtually unseen.

So how come we do not see the vertical 'legs' bulging out from behind the upholstery? Maybe a sketch would help.

So how come we do not see the vertical 'legs' bulging out from behind the upholstery? Maybe a sketch would help.

On my car we made the sides double and foam filled but tapering off to single side panel after the 3/4" vertical tube. We could have just as easily used 3/16" or 1/4" flat bar for the vertical and upholstered over that.

Jim

Hey, this might get you going....seeing a little I6 hauling it....get the ole juices flowing.....

Thanks for the video's they got me motivated. Been working on some other projects and finally finished with that, and my wife asked me when am I going to finish working on our car so we can get out in it again. She really enjoys the t-bucket

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back