Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Chevy inline 6 motor mounts

well havn't posted in awhile, but its coming along ,thanks to some professional help
Shawn @ ASR Street Machines

IMG_0051.jpg.html
IMG_0051.jpg.html

Pictures not showing, try PHOTOBUCKET.

JIm

Just to put a Bug in the Bonnet, you can pick up a Paxton blower pretty cheap and put on the motor. Stock, it'll all the power of a hot smallblock, and still look cool.
OR, go to a swap meet, call around, maybe find one on Fleabay, A Rotrex Supercharger....they were made for the inline 6's in jeeps....they are super easy to adapt to anything....
I've put them on 3 Harleys, a bunch of Ford 2.3's, several S10 Motors, and a bunch of other motorcycles

thanks, thought they would be great to climb up to enter the car, seat is out of a jeep wrangler its perfect it flips forward ,and its hinged in the front as well,plan is to drill out dash for gauges,as per earlier pic

also, I have a short 6 in shifter, I need to change out for room for my right leg......
I have an issue with room for the shifter as well. Mine is a 4-speed and had a modified shifter that was bent to give some room. It's not bad, but I am toying with a couple options involving an offset to move the shifter over about 3-4 inches so it is basically on the right side of the tail shaft. I will post some pics when I get around to finishing it.
I hope the short one works out. I have a short stick for my Hurst, but it would still be under my leg, not good for me.

heres where im at, do you think the engine is placed properly
let me know what you guys think
thanks
I used to do all kind of swaps, putting engines in things that weren't designed to go together, when I had my shop, and the thing that I always established before building mounts was that the carb mount, on top of the intake, was level in both directions. I put a magnetic torpedo level on the intake, where the carb goes, and worked from there. That's how the engine is designed to sit, and provided the best results for me. Jmo. Good luck!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back