Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Got started today

if the home delivery won't work for you, find a local business with a loading dock and a fork lift or just a forklift. you can load it in the back of a pickup or trailer then to get it home. then it's a cherry picker thing. just the first of the problem solving involved in your build.

Ron

I called Summit, and he said as long as I have a cherry picker it'll be no problem. He said they have customers that do it like that every day. That makes me feel a ton better! Hopefully I won't have a driver that's in a hurry like Rick said.

Satori said:
I called Summit, and he said as long as I have a cherry picker it'll be no problem. He said they have customers that do it like that every day. That makes me feel a ton better! Hopefully I won't have a driver that's in a hurry like Rick said.
Plus one more thing(you'll hate me for this)They wont pull into a small driveway they will park in the street.The truck they send will be a big mama.Now what you can do is have Summit call them and they will put the engine in WILL CALL which means you can pick it up at the terminal and they will put it in your truck with a hi-lo.

problem solved ... excellent!!!!!!!

Ron

I also try to have big stuff delivered and held at the trucking companies terminal. It's so easy for me to just drive down, and they have all the right tools to load it into the back of my little pickup. Plus, it's cheaper on the freight charges! The savings always justifies me picking it up at the terminal.

If for some reason that won't work, I will have a local business friend accept delivery for me.

Good Luck!

David

Not a whole lot to do yet, but I did get the garage organized and made room for the build. When everything comes in I'll probably have to pull the bikes around back to make more space. :)

clean_garage.jpg

Satori said:
Not a whole lot to do yet, but I did get the garage organized and made room for the build. When everything comes in I'll probably have to pull the bikes around back to make more space. :)

clean_garage.jpg
I can tell you right not That Darned ole Harley is only gona be in the way . I think even around back isnt gona work at ALL. So me being the kinda guy i am let me give u an address to send it to. They dont make guys like me anymore .Heck i will even pay the freight, See what i mean!!!!!!

PS. dont forget the pipes on the wall .

I told you what a great guy i am!!!!!!!!!!!!

LumenAl said:
Please ask the mini-bike to accept my humble apologies! :lol:

Well it's going to get to go to Sturgis with me this year. I promised it to my neice and nephew, so I'll deliver it when I go home for the rally.

on my best day my shop never looks like that. how do you guys doit??

Ron

I know its very clean . my garage looks like its been shook real hard.

Man that T is gona look good in there. I would suggest four matching jackstands then after the tires are on 4 garage tire dollies. That will allow you to push the car sideways to give you max room on the side u r working on . Harbor freight has them cheap enough. That makes a smaller area work to your advantage. And PS keep the Harley i have enough stuff to work on. HA HA When i started i spent many hours lookin at this site for ideas on what kinda look i wanted.
TBUCKET Hot Rods - The world's most popular hot rod web site.
Cheers

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back