Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Got started today

All set for the motor delivery tomorrow! :)

(and I did take rooster's advice and ordered some tire dollies)

hoist.jpg

Satori said:
All set for the motor delivery tomorrow! :)

(and I did take rooster's advice and ordered some tire dollies)

hoist.jpg
Let us know how the unload goes.

Rick said:
Let us know how the unload goes.

Smooth as pie, I hope. When UPS Freight called to schedule the delivery I made sure I asked them if a cherry picker would suffice, and they said that's how customers usually do it.

I have that same air compressor and overheated it once already sandblasting.
Every time it starts up I wish I spent money on a quieter model.

Sure could use that motor on the shelf. I have a bobber project and all I need is a motor and a primary....lol

Man you are all set and ready to go. I look forward to following along with your build.

Great description on the status of your shop Rooster. That's is how mine looks too I just never had a good description of it.:)

Direct drive aircompressors should come with an asprin despenser on the side of them. Speedair belt drive baby. 220volt 1725 two-stage 5 hp 40gal. or 60 gal if the purse can stand it.

Ga_Mike said:
Sure could use that motor on the shelf. I have a bobber project and all I need is a motor and a primary....lol

That's out of my '92 FXR that I wrecked. I'll build a bare-bones rigid with it some day.

As for the air compressor, I'm still just stoked about getting it. The other day guy at work needed cash and sold it to me (plus air tools) for $300. I've only used it twice so far, but I think I can live with the noise. :welcome:

Here's what I was busy with today. I had to take the trailer and pick up my mother in law's '81 Sporty off the side of the road. It turned out to be just a loose battery cable, but since I had it here I went ahead and changed out her front forks. She had 4" overs and it was too tall for her; she could only touch the ground with her tip-toes, so I replaced them with stock tubes. I now realize that a before picture would have been nice, but hey - you get what you get. :welcome:

nancy_bike.jpg

putz said:
I have that same air compressor and overheated it once already sandblasting.
Every time it starts up I wish I spent money on a quieter model.

I had one just like that compressor for the first two months of my build... then I plugged a DA into is and it couldn't keep up... In frustration I went down the hill, grabbed a 60 gallon 240V unit from the Depot and wired up a new outlet for it... 3 hours later I was back in business... never looked back... the old one? Gave it to my brother... he uses it to fill air on his tires... :welcome:

LumenAl said:
nice ironhead... got to keep the MIL happy!

Well technically we're no longer related since my wife's passing, but she's always gone WAY out of her way to help me with what-ever, so I don't mind doing some work for her.

Satori said:
Well technically we're no longer related since my wife's passing, but she's always gone WAY out of her way to help me with what-ever, so I don't mind doing some work for her.

wow... that was unexpected... very sorry about your loss.

My first wife's mother to this day still calls me her son-in-law even though we were divorced over 25 years ago. Just a couple of weeks ago when I stopped by for a visit, she introduced me to one of her neighbors just that way again, but this time she added, "the one and only thing my daughter ever did right was to marry him but she messed that up too!"... I don't know if I've ever laughed that hard... I think she's pretty cool too.

I think that 81 sporty is actually a time machine i see something on it from every year harley has been makin bikes. Didnt Steve Mcqueen try to jump a fence with it. I mean that in a good way.

LumenAl said:
wow... that was unexpected... very sorry about your loss.

Sorry, I should realize not everyone reads the introduction threads. My wife lost a four year battle with leukemia last month at the age of 27.

LumenAl said:
My first wife's mother to this day still calls me her son-in-law even though we were divorced over 25 years ago. Just a couple of weeks ago when I stopped by for a visit, she introduced me to one of her neighbors just that way again, but this time she added, "the one and only thing my daughter ever did right was to marry him but she messed that up too!"... I don't know if I've ever laughed that hard... I think she's pretty cool too.
Looks like you made a good impression on your first mother in law!

rooster57 said:
I think that 81 sporty is actually a time machine i see something on it from every year harley has been makin bikes. Didnt Steve Mcqueen try to jump a fence with it. I mean that in a good way.

It's not the right bike for her. A person needs to be mechanically inclined to ride an ironhead. She's getting ready to put it up for sale so she can get something else.

That threw me off Mother in law and straight pipes she must be pretty cool lady.

Time for an avatar. Since I don't yet have a bucket pic to use, I'll use the view from my front yard for the time-being. :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back