Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My Fad T

Russ

here`s some details and more pictures of my T bucket, it`s 10 feet long and 6 foot 10 inches wide at the rear, with a 90 inch wheelbase engine is all alluminium rover / buick v8 with 3 speed auto it is 3500cc at the moment but i`ve just got a built 3900cc motor and a set of jess engineering 300ci buick heads typhoon cam 10.5 comp pistons should throw it along the road a bit quicker, wheels are bike 3x16 front and 12x15 Ansen rear fully chromed drop tube front and jag S type rear all fully polished and chromed underneath , vw microm bus steering with a stainless otyer column, T style wheel, diamond pleat black interior metalflake tangerine and black paint, it goes well but will go better once the new motors painted up and installed, heres a couple of pictures at the NSRA super nationals at Old Warden park, Bedfordshire, England. and a couple at our local cruise at the KFC carpark in Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland .
Russ

15Tbucket5-copy.jpg

my 15T bucket6.JPG.jpg

my 15T bucket7.JPG.jpg

15Tbucket4-copy.jpg

15Tbucket3-copy-copy.jpg

my 15T bucket36.bmp.jpg

my 15T bucket34.bmp.jpg

my15Tbucket8-copy.jpg

my15Tbucket9-copy.jpg

supernats08019-copy.jpg

Image007.jpg.jpg

Image010.jpg.jpg

supernats 08 023.jpg.jpg

supernats 08 035.jpg.jpg

supernats 08 037.jpg.jpg

supernats 08 cruise.bmp.jpg

Wow: Beautiful work. The only problem I see is that you somehow put the steering box on the wrong side.LOL:lol:

Was it difficult passing the MOT? I would have thought the Brits would require wings, wind screen wipers and bumpers.

COOL! I like the panel painted detail on the side of the frame and front crossmember. Did the trophy have an airbrush on it?

der Spieler said:
Was it difficult passing the MOT? I would have thought the Brits would require wings, wind screen wipers and bumpers.
no thats a myth pissed the m.o.t. no bother, to simplify it by the letter of the law fenders are to stop spray, no rain no need for fenders, wipers not needed either on a closed car with an opening screen or a roadster that folds down or that you can see over or around the screen,
Russ.

old round fart said:
COOL! I like the panel painted detail on the side of the frame and front crossmember. Did the trophy have an airbrush on it?
thanks o r f, the trophy had a spark plug on it,
Russ

Q-4000 said:
that is SWEET! what is the little lever under the seat for?? I love the headers!!!!
The bigger of the 2 levers nearest the body side panel in the emergency brake lever, it goes up n down the other is the indicator swich which goes side to side, i have a stalk from my 29 pickup that i`m looking into fitting somewhere on the column but mostly my knees are there lol.
Russ

Russ

Although you dont live to far from me I have only seen pictures of the whole car which looks stunning, looking at the close up shots of the detailing it looks even better close up.
look forward to seeing the T in the flesh.

Brian

Congrats! You captured the look that probably caused so many of us to fall in love with these cars. Just from the pics, I can see you have a great attention to detail. Freaking awesome!

Russ, I think you should drive it around with the body off :welcome:. That is just too nice to hide underneth.

Well unfortunatelky after getting an offer i would be stupid to turn down i have sold my T bucket, and bought a 32 roadster on which a makeover is well under way, i will have another T bucket along the same lines and proportions as this one but it will have a blown chevy instead of the all alloy Buick/Rover 215ci catch ya`ll later,
Russ :smashpc:

well a few months after selling the T bucket i`m pinning for another one even though there`s snow outside on the ground, ahwell i`m away out to the garage to fit the new screen an folding roof to the 32 roadster bodywork starts next week once done another T will be next up,
Russ

Russ, Great job and like some of there othere's have said the detail work shows. You have done a great job.You would fit in anywhere over here..As you may know i like the cut down body. Should i guess you know Eddy Wimble not sure about how he spells his last name. I have just seen a lot of his work. Keep up the great work...and drive it....

hi Dan yes i know Edd Wimble, the front wheels are from his outlaw T bucket and the body is a channeled and 3 inch shortened Wimble body with the shortest Wimble chassis he made, the T has now been sold but i`m looking for another one just now,
Russ

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back