Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My new Bucket Build

Thanks for the kind words.

I have definitely put a lot of work into it. My dad has been a tremendous help on this project as well. He is and has always been my "hot rodding" inspiration. It is always nice to have an old school hot rodder working alongside me.

Looking great!
I'm always envious of those who can build with their dads. I'm very happy to say my dad is still with me at 90, but he was never a car guy. you need to soak as much of that up now as you can. very cool!!

Russ

Zach
How did your dad fix the wood to the body
Did he Glue it or did he use bondo
After all the wood was in did you or He fiberglass over it
Thanks in advance for your answer
Frank

Hey guys. I hope you all had a Great Thanksgiving! Dad and I got a lot of stuff done today. Here are some pics.

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Zack, I see you don't have pinion struts mounted. I assume since there are no tabs on the kick-ups and the frame is painted you aren't planning on having the struts. I personally believe they are very important to have on a Jag set-up. They prevent the differential from trying to twist out of its mount (axle wrap). Here is what I'm talking about...

CADlabels.jpg

090107013.jpg

I was wrong all these years mounting Jags solid, if ever I use another, it will be mounted like the factory wants it, in rubber mounts and strong radius rods, in rubber also... :) Too many bad vibes and heat transfer when solid mounted... BTDT

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back