Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My new Bucket Build

Very nice build going on! Could you give me a ball park figure on your paint job? I am trying to save my old 1970's flames with a repaint. If that isn't possible then I am going for a complete repaint.

Does that paint store want to donate anymore paint? Just kidding.

LOL, i have been doing business with them for many years and friends with the manager. I stopped by one day and explained what i was building, i asked him how for much for the paint and materials. He said approx $700. I guess i must passed out because the next thing i remember was him saying "don't worry about it, i will donate it". I thought i would pass out again, LOL. Seriously, i was very fortunate and thankful to get that score.

LOL, i have been doing business with them for many years and friends with the manager. I stopped by one day and explained what i was building, i asked him how for much for the paint and materials. He said approx $700. I guess i must passed out because the next thing i remember was him saying "don't worry about it, i will donate it". I thought i would pass out again, LOL. Seriously, i was very fortunate and thankful to get that score.

Friends can do a lot of good things in our life!!!

Absolute fantastic the color of the body!!

And Zack, i saw the Forrest Memorial website, did you fly in A-4 ?

Thanks guys. The paint was donated by a local paint store and yes, the 500 was only for bodywork, paint, sand and buff.

Fred, I just bought a quart of Subaru World Ralley Blue, it cost me $175 not including the hardner and reducer. What the hell, my neighbor and I will do all the body work and shoot it, still a really cheap paint job if you ask me.
Zack, you bucket is one nice piece of a hot rod.

Thanks sstock. Here is the progress dad and i made yesterday. We're slowing getting there. Have to be done by Spring. Some of the local rodders have me on a deadline, LOL. I have also decided to upholster my interior myself. I recently acquired my Aunt's old Consew sewing machine. So, i will take my time and get it exactly like i want it. Needless to say i will cover the wood inside with some cheap black or tan fabric in the meantime.

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back