Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My new Bucket Build

Wow Zack, what a great job on your car! I hope it gives you many years of grins! Nothing linke taking these things out for a drive to lift your spirits and bring back memories of the good ole days.

Zack, I like your style. Get looking bucket!

Would you start a new thread & just focus on your rear cover. The workmanship looks very impressive.

I keep changing my mind on just how I am going to address this area. The photo you posted gets me once again rethinking the gas tank topic.

Get job its been inspiring.

Zack, I like your style. Get looking bucket!

Would you start a new thread & just focus on your rear cover. The workmanship looks very impressive.

I keep changing my mind on just how I am going to address this area. The photo you posted gets me once again rethinking the gas tank topic.

Get job its been inspiring.

Thanks. It is really pretty simple what i did. I used a 3/4" plywood for the base. Cut a 3" hole for the gas cap area, ran a router around the hole to dress it off. I then drilled and coutersunk (4) 5/16" bolts thru and covered the heads with thin sheetmetal to keep the bolts from pushing thru. Then we glued 1" thick standard density foam to the board with the edges rolled down to meet the edge of the wood edge. Once that was done, the material was sewn, installed and stapled to the underside. I was is such a hurry i did not think to snap pics of every step. I will try and get some more pics of the finished product. On the bolts that hold it in place, i just drilled holes in the top lip of the bed and reach thru from inside and put a lockwasher and nut on. Let me know if you have any more questions, i will be glad to help anyway i can.

Don't know how much fab work you want to get into but, you could cut that crossmember loose, weld some plates to the ends, and make it removable. Makes servicing internal engine parts much more accessible . Also , carb not sitting level is no big deal [within reason] .

dave
I have a similar degree angle with my motor and have not had any issues. I do have a removable cross-membershocks4.jpgMotor Side.jpg , which makes for easier removal of the tranny, if necessary.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back