Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

I've been working on that leaking thing. I'm thinking a slightly raised area around the wipers rotating head & a grommet around the rotating heads shaft. What do you guys think ?

Still get water in through the cowl even with grommet/washer. as there is no tray for the water to drain to the outside of the car. Go look at one of your other cars and see how the wipers are mounted and where/position on the vehicle it is. It is not over any part of the interior of the car/truck.

I'm guessing he's going to French the cowl so just the shaft/stem protrude . they're easily sealed like any other car used to be( before hidden wipers ).... Just a WAG....

It would probably be fun to experiment with the development of such a system. Maybe with a mock up of the cowl and windshield so you could work on it on the bench instead of on the car itself. I'm too old to be crawling under the dash anymore. Also, on the car any changes you make means moving holes, changing location or mounting brackets. Fiberglass, Bondo, butchering up your cowl. Forget it.
Just sayin'.

Google 56 Chevy wiper transmission , stems would be easy to mount in the cowl , small on the inside..just something to look at .....probably could get along with 1 wiper ....

2old2fast , go to ebay & type in the search window : " 97-06 jeep wrangler windshield assembly ". Meantime : i'll also go to ebay & type in : 56 chevy wiper transmission".

Good idea 2O2F. The advantage of the '56 unit is the cable attachment. The cable allows for much misalignment between the motor and the axle shaft (arm attachment point). And you're not stuck with the fixed center distance spacing of the 2 arms. I built a '57 Chevy years ago and I had to install that unit. The guy I bought the car from removed everything he could unbolt. That was one of the pieces.

If you don't like the cable setup , search ; '50 Chevy wiper transmission , solid links and really simple mount , $50 at advanced auto ...( dorman ).......

Have you figured out how you will hide that under your dash, and engineer a way to connect to the wiper(s) on the outside of the cowl? Should be quite a project.
Sparky can you send me that diagram that you sent the other day with axle picture I can't seem to find it

G'Day Donny Ray,
That infill piece looks good, will look even better when you curve the top to blend it into the roof.
Regards,

Nice one Don, the lines flow together now. ;-)) If I could be so bold, I reckon you could match the vertical line of the insert to parallel the rear of the top and double the radius of the top curve, might be too late now you've cut it. Still looks way better than the angled top section it had.
It's easy for me Mate, I'm looking in as an outsider.
Regards,

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back