Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My Slow Moving Project

I shade more progress today, I went to the tag office and got my T registered and also the fellow from Spirit called and said my '23 body is enroute :rofl:
Wp

Got my Spirit body today and mocked the project up on wooden "rails" as you guys suggested :)

Here it is from the front

And the rear showing the Buick trunk mated to the T body.

Not much compared to the rides on here but I am thrilled! Thanks for all the ideas you folks have given me.
Wp

Congrats! Now..... sit in it and make motor sounds. You know you want to.:)

Slim,
You've got a good start there. Ditto what the others said, just keep plugging away and don't get distracted or discouraged. I've been working on mine for the last 3 years. Started with a body I saw advertised. I've wanted to build aT-Bucket since I was a teenager and I'm 57 now, but never lost the dream. I started a T-Bucket about 30 some years ago, but things happend and had to sell it before I got very far. I've built it in my head a thousand times, and mady many sketches. Now I am finally realizing my dream. Sometimes I can only work in the garage for an hour or so, but it is still progress. Sometimes things come up unexpected (that's life) and it may be weeks or months before you can do anything, but hang in there! One bolt at a time, one weld at a time, one bracket at a time, one wire at a time, and pretty soon there it is in front of you! Everyone has a story to tell. Don't get discouraged when you hear someone say they built theirs in 6 months or 1 year. The important thing is don't give up!
Tex-T

TEX-T said:
Slim,
You've got a good start there. Ditto what the others said, just keep plugging away and don't get distracted or discouraged. I've been working on mine for the last 3 years. Started with a body I saw advertised. I've wanted to build aT-Bucket since I was a teenager and I'm 57 now, but never lost the dream. I started a T-Bucket about 30 some years ago, but things happend and had to sell it before I got very far. I've built it in my head a thousand times, and mady many sketches. Now I am finally realizing my dream. Sometimes I can only work in the garage for an hour or so, but it is still progress. Sometimes things come up unexpected (that's life) and it may be weeks or months before you can do anything, but hang in there! One bolt at a time, one weld at a time, one bracket at a time, one wire at a time, and pretty soon there it is in front of you! Everyone has a story to tell. Don't get discouraged when you hear someone say they built theirs in 6 months or 1 year. The important thing is don't give up!
Tex-T

Well Said Ditto for me:clap::clap:

my borther worked off and on on his '32 for 5 years.he's very busy with work and such.at one point he was ready to cash out. i told him to just set aside a time to work on it each week. he's been doing this for the last 7 monthshe thinks it will be drivable by summers end. he can believe how much he's gotten done in 4 hours a week on sat and sun. keep at it slim, the ends are well worth the means.

Ron

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the advise and encouragement around these parts.
I got my 2 by 3 square tubing today and sat the body up on mock rails and concrete blocks today (got crossmembers and sidemembers laid out but yet to weld until I know exactly how I want it to sit). Too dark in my garage for my cheap cameraphone to photo tonight but I will try to take a shapshot tomorrow. My neighbors are all saying it looks like a car now :)

We plan on freeing the '35 Ford front axle and wheels from their humiliating servitude under a flatbed staked trailer this afternoon ;)
Hopefully get the mudders cut off of the rims also and mock 'er up under my rails in the garage.
Wp

The '35 Ford axle and wheels have been freed and are now part of the project! Henry would smile at this.

l_5527e81ceeec409aaddaa772d2481e5e.jpg

Nice look!

tfeverfred said:
Nice look!

I think it's gonna look pretty cool when done, I have a big portion of the parts now.
I plan on putting the wire 35 Ford wheels on front painted red and have red steelies on the rear and my seat upholstered in red with the body sprayed black primer. The four banger engine and Buick luggage trunk mounted on back should help set it apart from the herd.
Wp

According to the guys at HAMB my axle is a Model A rather than '35. I had judged it by the '35 wheels on it but apparently they were added on later. Now gotta concentrate on finding a way to put good brakes etc. on a Model A axle.
Wp

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back