Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New project,the worst way.

Ironhead

Greetings forum members. My brother passed away oct 4th and left me his project car. Spirit 27 body on a pete & jakes chassis. Turocharged 4 cyl. Ford and 5 speed installed. Will update when I get it home. His vision was a 40's /50's era drag racing type car. IMG_20170927_125908183 - Edited.jpg

Thanks gents. I didn't get to talk much about his shop as I was helping his wife with other matters. (we're 600 miles apart)He had an old car magazine that he saw a car he wanted to duplicate. This was his second project. He built a nice little '29 Ford that was pretty conventional looking. He did tell me the rear fenders were just stuck on to have a look and said he planned on trying something else. When he got too sick to work on it himself he had a young fabricator from Pete & Jakes helping him. (my brother lives in peculiar,MO and we've been friends with the owner of pete & jakes since before he owned the company) I hope to find that magazine when I go back to get his shop ready for an auction. Not fun going through a man's stuff. I will do my best to finish her out the way he planned. I have a T bucket project I put on the back burner a few years ago while I restored an aircraft. This one has a priority to me. Ideas & suggestions welcome.IMG_20170927_125922493 - Edited.jpg

A commendable endeavor. I wish you the best of luck.

We are pulling for you! Just keep coming back here for motivation when you
think all is lost. I feel sure we can prop you again!

DSCN0026 - Edited (4).jpg Thanks all for the replies. I had a chance to get a more detailed look at what he had done so far. At first I wasn't too hot for the 4 cyl turbo engine but after looking it over and speaking with a guy that can help me with the computer to run the efi I think its best to move forward with the 4 cyl. I've always been a V8 type hot rodder but I think the different type engine will be a nice change of pace. I'm glad I will be fitting the pedals as I'm considerably taller than my brother was. His wife had me check the '29 to make sure it had anti freeze etc and get it ready for winter storage. I drove it a few minutes and felt like a circus bear in a pedal car.

The little 4 cylinders can make some hp. My drag buddy (SCTA) is getting 321 hp out of what was a 153ci 4 cyl. chevy. Dare to be different!

Love the rims and grill.
I would just like to add that you can do it what ever way you want and I am sure your brother would like it.
My project started out as a father son deal over 20 years ago and his vision was brass lanterns George Barris Munster mobile.
I dragged it around with me for 15 years after he passed without touching it.
A) No way I could sell it - Its part of me
B) I just wasn't into recreating something someone else has done.
Eventually I came to the realization that my dad would have liked it done any way I wanted.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back