Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Phantom T

More parts courtesy of RPM. Thanks Ron! The small brackets I had Ron cut out on his fancy machine so I can make stands for wherever I decide to mount my 37 Ford taillights.rear radius rods.jpg

Finally got off my butt and tore the top end off my donor 5.3. I was surprised at how clean the engine was inside, not an oz of sludge and oil looked as though it was new. Anyways, brought some parts home to my kitchen for some cleaning. I am hoping to get a decent "satin" finish buffing on the valve covers. All I am using from the donor is the rotating assy, heads, front and rear covers, valve covers, and ignition coil packs. Everything else I have new, block/cam included. Next weekend I will remove the rotating assy and clean the oil pan and front and rear cover. I have to change a cam bearing in my new block and got the tool last week in the mail, so the new block can go in the engine stand and start prep/paint. Hope to turn the grubby donor into a bucket worthy build. :rolleyes:
DSC_0328.JPG Coil Packs before.JPG engine stuff before.JPG Engine stuff 1st clean.JPG

Always nice to turn grubby into shiny;)

After somewhat cleaning this stuff off, I ordered a lb of high temp cast aluminum powder coat for the valve covers, front cover, and oil pan. Ill clean the heads better so I don't have to coat them but as for the rest I prefer to spend my days when its done cruising, not chasing aluminum oxidation :geek: yep, I'm lazy lol :barefoot:

Finally found the valve spring compressor :thumbsup: (family of gear heads, hard to track stuff down sometimes lol) Got one head stripped, surprisingly very little carbon. Just a light brush on the valves and its gone. Once I finish cleaning stuff up on both heads I'll lap them (valves) and put the new Lunati stem seals and new Cylinder Head 1 stripped.jpg Z06 beehive springs in. Seats and valves look perfect with no carbon deposits. 5.3 LM7 with about 90K on it.......

Nice work and well thought out.

Very nice!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back