Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

pics from my build

We all have to learn as we go.....

It's taking shape! Funny, talking about just tack welding stuff... I, too tack stuff, then go back and weld, but sometimes it turns out to be a lot of welding...it adds up. I'd like to see someone run a turbo on a I6. It seems to me that it wouldn't be that much of a stretch. There is a lot of space to configure the plumbing, etc, and with the sequential firing order, I bet it would really sing. We had a 292 that had a aftermarket spread bore intake and a quadrajet on it. Is was a torque monster in a 68 GMC truck. One of those Pontiac OHC I6 would be a good candidate. Different, anyways.

It's taking shape! Funny, talking about just tack welding stuff... I, too tack stuff, then go back and weld, but sometimes it turns out to be a lot of welding...it adds up. I'd like to see someone run a turbo on a I6. It seems to me that it wouldn't be that much of a stretch. There is a lot of space to configure the plumbing, etc, and with the sequential firing order, I bet it would really sing. We had a 292 that had a aftermarket spread bore intake and a quadrajet on it. Is was a torque monster in a 68 GMC truck. One of those Pontiac OHC I6 would be a good candidate. Different, anyways.

If this wasn't my first car, I would probably go ahead and final weld, but being the maiden voyage with everyday a new adventure, I better not....

Made some minor changes this morning but I think make a big difference. Moved the body back 3 inches. Moved the mock up roll bar to the inside but can still remove the body. Also, shortened the nerf bar up.
az.jpg b.jpg

Last edited:
Loose the nerf bars. JMHO

Nope.. supposed to represent a dirt track car... gotta have 'em...

SM
Made some minor changes this morning but I think make a big difference. Moved the body back 3 inches. Moved the mock up roll bar to the inside but can still remove the body. Also, shortened the nerf bar up.
View attachment 14007 View attachment 14008
You must have more room inside then mine does. I used every millimeter inside to try to make it comfortable for me to drive. I have a manual shift, so that complicated it some, but my roll bar will need to be behind the tub. The nerf bars give it a different look. I'm looking forwards to seeing the finished version.

You must have more room inside then mine does. I used every millimeter inside to try to make it comfortable for me to drive. I have a manual shift, so that complicated it some, but my roll bar will need to be behind the tub. The nerf bars give it a different look. I'm looking forwards to seeing the finished version.

The body is stretched a few inches ...... this will also be 3 -speed manual shift...

I'm looking forward also to seeing the finished version.... :)

Just a thought . . . what if you split it between cylinders 3 and 4 with two collector pipes, and then ran the two into one downstream? I think would give a throatier sound and a litttle better scavenging without a ton of extra work. Anyway, it'll be cooool!

Longer primaries USUALLY = (or at least helps) higher torque # down low in the RPMs

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back