Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

pre-retirement moving to Texas?

Good thing about Texas is that it is the richest state in the country... It hasnt been hit as hard economically as other states...

Get the best of both worlds live in Oklahoma City and buy yourself a 5 gal paint bucket, and from time to time stand on it and you can see all the way to Dallas. Assuming "The Tree'' isnt in the way , if it is just move the bucket a couple of feet one side or the other.

You will need a bucket a couple of inches taller than a five gallon job so that you can see over the Arbuckle mountains.

Steves right you will also need a phone book (yellow pages)on top of the bucket.

If not Rockwall, etc which is southeast of Dallas... you could also go North/Northeast of Dallas/Plano to Melissa... Melissa is still country town which is close enough to Plano/Dallas, land is decently priced as well as the hosues....

same thing as Rockwall area just the other side... only difference is that there is a lake super super close to Rockwall

We bought property in Berryville, Ark. N/W corner of the State. Just when/before the housing market was headed into the crapper.. So, now we are stuck in calif, and it is costly to live here and getting worse... DANG! DANG! DANG! Tex. is sounding real good also, but we can't get our money out of this place :(

Ted if you still own the beeryville property move there very beautiful place. I get down there at least once a year. That would put you close to spirit at M.H.ark. :). Francis

Texas is a great place to be indeed. I miss it dearly, but not too far away that I cannot visit often. I was born and raised in TX so I get back as often as I can. However, I am not complaining about NE Louisiana as I have been in worse places.

engine24355 said:
Texas is a great place to be indeed. I miss it dearly, but not too far away that I cannot visit often. I was born and raised in TX so I get back as often as I can. However, I am not complaining about NE Louisiana as I have been in worse places.

Hey Engine, My Dad lives in Blanchard, just Northwest of Shreveport. He's in the process of building a CCR long body T with a little ole' 327 in it. He's a retired CMSGT from the USAF.

GT63 said:
Hey Engine, My Dad lives in Blanchard, just Northwest of Shreveport. He's in the process of building a CCR long body T with a little ole' 327 in it. He's a retired CMSGT from the USAF.

Cool, I need to get up to Blanchard and meet him. If for nothing else, then to shake his hand and say thanks for his service to our country. Was he stationed at Barksdale? I would like to meet him so I could at least say thanks. Of course, I would not mind seeing his build either...LOL.

engine24355 said:
Cool, I need to get up to Blanchard and meet him. If for nothing else, then to shake his hand and say thanks for his service to our country. Was he stationed at Barksdale? I would like to meet him so I could at least say thanks. Of course, I would not mind seeing his build either...LOL.

Yes he was stationed at Barskdale in the early 70's. When he retired he was at Dyess AFB in Abilene and before that he was at Carswell AFB before it closed.

I'll see if I can get him on the forum.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back